Last day of the first month of this decade

Wow - is it really the last day of the first month of 2010 already? Sheesh!
We actually got up nice and early for a Sunday - I was out of bed right around 10 am. We had some coffee and then went to Runyon Canyon, the three of us. Marc was apparently ready to go with us but had shut his ringer off the night before for a midnight showing of "Happy Birthday to Me" so he didn't hear my text come in. Anyway, we had fun and went up the easy way and then down a much more difficult way, which led to me falling and scraping my hand and right knee (remember I hurt my left knee the night before bowling). Then, Carrie almost fell right as I was getting a text message, and I was in front so I didn't see it and Dylan yelled something really condescending at me about me being too oblivious with my phone. I got really irritated since he is the one who has a Palm Pre and treats it like the third member of our family when my phone can't do anything more complicated than sending a text message.
Back home, I started making brunch. I was a little frazzled trying to cook for 5 people (Luther and Marky Makeup were on their way over) and I was still irked from Dylan's comment. I had asked Dylan to treat and bandage my thumb which just had two little cuts on it from my fall but both had dirt in them already. Then, just moments after that, I cut my forefinger on the mandolin slices as I was cutting onions. It was a pretty deep cut and really hurt, and a lot of blood was coming out. Dylan told me to relax and take deep, slow breaths, which helped, and then he bandaged that one up. Shortly after that, I had put some butter in a ceramic bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds to melt it, and when I went to removed it, it was so hot it burned my other two fingers! So basically, as I told everyone, I was disabled. Somehow, I did manage to make eggs with the leftover bell peppers and onion from the kebabs on Friday night, and added cilantro, cheese, and sliced cherry tomatoes. I also made homemade pancakes with coconut/pineapple syrup and made another pot of coffee. Everyone loved the food and it went very fast!
We loaded up the car and Luther followed us to go pick up Marc and then we caravan-ed down to AJ's house in Fullerton. Luther wanted to do a photo shoot for Valentine's day to drum up business for his photography. He asked Dylan and I to be one of his three couples; he had AJ and Amy be the girl couple and then wanted to photograph Robin and Michelle for his straight couple, but Robin had been sick with food poisoning and couldn't make it for the shoot. But, first we rehearsed since Red and Laura were already there and ready to rock. We rehearsed the main set that we had done at Club Squeeze (Universal) but Dylan rehearsed his glockenspiel parts with us for the first time in a long time. I also tried to teach him quickly how to play "Mondo di Corpo" but he didn't have much time to really learn it. Plus it got so loud that he couldn't really hear what he was playing. Unfortunately we are not really up to speed on too many other songs, although we did try "Milk Money" which still needs some more work. It was really difficult for me to play with my cut finger.
I pretty much broke my diet by the time we stopped for dinner because not only had Mendi brought chocolate/bacon cupcakes (seriously, and they were divoon!) but AJ had made all four of her famous Lasagnas! I had brought a green bean and onion salad and Marc had brought stewed zucchini so it wasn't all bad, but I definitely fell off the wagon.
After dinner Luther got his photo stuff set up and we did a few quick band photos since we were all there, and then Marky make me up real cute for me and Dylan's session. I asked him to make my face kind of pale, with blue 80's style eyeshadow and to color in my eyebrows. he did everything I asked but made it look so glamorous yet subtle - much more elegant looking than when I do it myself. He's also just really sweet and friendly when he's doing makeup so it was a fun experience. I've only ever had my makeup done by professionals a few times but I always enjoy it.
Our photo shoot was on AJ's bed and we were just supposed to act lovey-dovey and a little sexy. Luther had some props like a tinsel ribbon heart, some heart-shaped chocolate boxes, and of course a bag of conversation hearts. We made good use of all the props and did an equal number of photos that were sweet as we did that were a little risque. People kept sticking their heads in the door from curiosity but we never got even "R" rated. I did strip down to my t-shirt and underwear for the last series of photos.
After that, I went and called Brandon for awhile since I hadn't talked to him since Friday night. There had been a really nasty review of "Open For Business" on iTunes that all of us had already been talking about, and had all sort of suspected the same person (although I had another suspect in mind of my own). But it was funny because Brandon, without knowing that we had all been talking about who we thought it was - it definitely sounded like someone with a personal vendetta rather than a music buyer who really had strong negative reactions to our album - said he thought it might be the same person we had all suspected. I try not to waste too much time speculating on such things, I know the internet is full of bitter trolls so it very well could be someone we don't even know, or someone we just vaguely know, who wanted to get something off his or her chest by slamming us.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 31
For the photo shoot, I had brought both a black velvet shirt and a really vintage looking red sheer striped shirt which I had "borrowed" from Amy years and years ago and worn in several SG photo shoots. Someone had hung the shirts in AJ's closet to get them out of the way and I just realized that it belongs there, since it really was Amy's, and it would also look very nice on AJ. It's actually too small for me now anyway.

Comments

Scarlet said…
How come you aren't feeling so well in the morning? Did you check in to that inhaler?

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!