Burnt Toast

I walked to Jamba Juice on Larchmont on my lunchbreak. I still had a little lingering headache from the juice fasting, but it was nowhere near as bad as yesterday. At Jamba Juice I made sure to get one of the ones that said "100% Fruit, no sugar added" - it was a pomegranate something or other. It was really good and actually relieved my headache. The walk did me good, too.
After work, I was cleaning to get ready since Brandon and Angie were coming over to give Dylan a very belated birthday gift. There wasn't too much cleaning to do, and I also put the remaining holiday decorations back in storage and washed the couch blankets and my beloved blue blanket that Dylan's mom gave me that I just can't sleep without.
For dinner, I took 3 tomatoes, a few carrots and a bunch of celery and spinach and I put it in the juicer. I made 2 servings so that I'd have something from breakfast, although it will be difficult to want to drink it in the morning. It was OK for dinner, though, and I didn't feel too hungry all night; for some reason, I mainly only craved chocolate occasionally.
I'm pretty sure that I forgot to mention yesterday that in the dream about my grandfather, we were at his farm house north of Paradise. It's a farmstead that has been in the family for generations but he and grandma were the last people to live there back when I was in high school, before they moved to Russell. Anyway, later in that same dream, Dylan and I lived in a little two bedroom house in Paradise. It was sort of like the house at the other end of Brian's street, diagonally across from the old vo-ag building. But it was up on the other end of town. Anyway I tell all that only because I had an even more detailed dream last night where me and Dylan were renting a room in an old lady's house in Natoma. I think she was sort of the mayor but not really and the house was a big old, almost Victorian house. Some other people who I think were our friends also rented a room in the house, and I remember thinking it was cool that the old lady seemed to be cool with me and Dylan, and I think with me rehearsing in the room too, or bringing in band equipment late at night. Wonder where we'll live in my dreams tonight.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 6
I thought I had already set something aside and I was sure I threw away a few things today. But I couldn't remember at the time and so I started going through kitchen cupboards and I was going to take this one candle holder out to throw away. It was this cute little sort of round thing made of wire but it had these blue plastic "crystals" that surrounded it and I liked it, but it was from the 99 cents store and I've had it forever. The danger with those 99 cent store things is you buy them thinking they'll look cute for awhile, and then you realize at some point you will throw it away for a new thing. But, then you develop a sentimental attachment to it and it ends up sitting in a cupboard; Dylan looked at it and said how "Dover" it was meaning that it reminded him of when we lived in the studio apartment in the crumbling building. But as I was removing it, another little clear glass tea-light holder fell down and broke in the sink, so Dylan said that was a sign that I should just throw that away instead of the "Dover" one. So that one is safe... for now!!!
After all that, when I started typing this, I remembered that I got rid of something much more substantial already today. Our stupid toaster which has not worked for years. You could put bread in it, and it would toast, but it would NOT ever pop up. You would have to remember to pop it up yourself. Which is easier said than done, and many a piece of flamin' hot, burnt-black toast have been disposed of in strange ways in our house. So, it was time to go bye-bye! At some point we'll have to get a new one, but for now it's one less thing taking up room on the countertop.

Comments

Brandonbodt said…
We had a lot of fun at your place last night. I'm really happy to know that everyday when i go to your blog there will be a new entry for me to read!

It makes me want to blog!
Scarlet said…
I think your next house will be in Lawrence or Kansas City, Mo!
Dylan said…
No mo' black toast for these 'mos!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!