Two for Tea

Slept in this morning, despite some texts and phone calls that temporarily woke me up. Around noon, I finally got up and checked my phone, returning several messages. I called Marc to let him know I'd be cooking brunch soon, and to bring some champagne.
I chopped six potatoes of various colors (gold, red and purple) into hash browns, fried them with some onions, and beat some eggs with milk, frying them with some green bell peppers and spring onions. Lastly, I sauteed some soy chorizo. Real chorizo is made of pituitary glands and lord knows what else, but soyrizo is delicious - it has the same flavor and texture but none of the guilt or wondering what you just ate. It was a fine meal and I got many compliments from Dylan and Marc.
Then Dylan and I went to Santa Monica and rode the ferris wheel at the pier, just before sunset. It was so romantic and fun! Then we watched the sunset on the west end of the pier, amongst the tourists and fishermen.
We came back to WeHo where we were housesitting; Ben joined us for some hot tubbing, and we grabbed some dinner at a new market/deli called Hunger.
Brandon sent me a new version of "Sleepytown" which is a song on my album that I'm trying to finish. I liked everything but have a few things I want to work with him on.
Then we went out for drinks at Gym Bar, drove and picked up Rob and Josep and went to meet Amy and AJ at Koji's for Karaoke. I sang "Union City Blue" by Blondie and "Smackwater Jack" by Carole King.
We came back around 1am and started watching "Confessions of a Shopaholic" but decided to go to bed before it was over.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 2
Spice Girls World Tour Bootleg T-Shirt
Another thing that has not dimished in the past decade is my love for the Spice Girls. In 2007, the girls reunited for a world tour, dubbed "Return of the Spice Girls," and I finally got to see them perform live. It was a wonderous evening, and I admit that I got a little caught up in the hubbub, spending way too much money at the merch table (on top of the already very pricy tickets).
On the way out, there were these homeless looking guys selling unofficial t-shirts and of course I thought I had to buy one more thing to remember the occasion, but I noticed they kept asking for less money the further we walked from the venue. Eventually I got down to $5, so I had to buy a shirt. However, upon returning home and inspecing the goods, I found the silkscreen was very poorly done, as if the press had been running out of ink right before my shirt had been printed. You couldn't even distinguish Melanie B's facial features because her face was just all black like the t-shirt. Needless to say, I never wore the shirt and it set in my chest of drawers for a couple years. So it's time to let go. I put it in my bag to donate to Out of the Closet. Farewell!

Comments

Scarlet said…
Very interesting...you have challenged me to do something! I rearranged my study and brought my sewing machine in and set it up by the windows. Time will tell what could happen...

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!