Party Non Stop

I slept in nice and late (I love Saturdays!) but Dylan had gotten up early to go drive Robin around and look for apartments. I didn't want to be lazy so when I got up I decided to do some cleaning projects. First, I attached the junk cabinet under the junk drawer in the kitchen, which I've been retroactively blogging about under my New Years Resolution Log, catching up on the week.
After that, I decided I'd go to the Laundromat and finally do the rugs. The rugs are three really heavy Pier 1 rugs that Robin had gotten us awhile back. Actually, she got us one rug, which we put in the little hallway between the bedroom and the bathroom, and somehow two more rugs just like that one showed up at some point, probably when Robin first started staying with us. Her dog, Scooter, unfortunately peed all over pretty much everything in our apartment as he was 17 years old and was in pretty bad shape, and living on the top floor of a four story building made it really difficult to take him outside. He didn't really like to pee and poo on the balcony (I wasn't thrilled about him doing it either) but whenever we tried to take him outside, we'd get about halfway out the garage before he would just squat and go right there on the cement. Anyway, to make a long story short, Robin said she would clean the rugs and Dylan said he'd get the carpet shampooed but neither one of those things has happened and with the rains, it was time to do something about the rugs since they had just been sitting out on the balcony for weeks since Scooter had been put to sleep. This meant not only did we have three disgusting, rain soaked rugs out on the balcony but also meant I hadn't really set foot out there for weeks. I gathered them up, touching them as little as possible, and figured while I was at it, I'd just do all the remaining laundry too. I put everything in my fold-up wheeled cart and toted it over to the laundromat. All told, I ended up spending over $15 there washing the rugs in one of the large "family size" machines, and the rest of the laundry in two of the smaller but still industrial size washers. It took me the better part of the afternoon but I was able to have lunch next door at Los Tacos while they washed. It was such a relief when I finally got home with the now fresh-smelling rugs and was able to put them back where they belong, after of course washing the kitchen and bathroom floors. I also cleaned the rest of the bathroom and took the trash out. By the time Dylan got home, I knew he would be frustrated from his day of driving around looking for impossibly priced apartments, but he seemed happy to see the apartment looking so nice.
We got ready and went to Ryan and David's new place for their housewarming party. Their new place is right next door to their old place, but much more sprawling. It's a two bedroom, two bathroom with hardwood floors and crown molding, and two balconies. Bitches! I would love to have an apartment like that, and they got it for the exact same rent they were paying for their old place, which was adorable but not as impressive as the new one.
Brandon and Angie were there when we arrived so we chatted with them, but they quickly left to go to another party. For awhile, I talked to DJ Jess cause neither her or I knew anyone else at the party besides Dylan, Ryan and David, but then Amy and AJ showed up and of course everyone liquored up so there was much more mingling and gabbing, and more people that we knew showed up. It was a really nice party, which also served as a send off for Ryan since he's leaving for New York for a month to work on Project Runway again.
After Amy and AJ left, Tiger showed up but by that point Brandon was asking us to come meet them at the party they were at in Silverlake, which sounded like it was a happening shindig. So we left and made our way over there. The party was in a backyard but also in a huge garage that could have been a pool hall back in Kansas (looks wise, I mean). It was a really fun party but the cops came and told them they had to turn down the music, which inevitably sort of caused the party to rather quickly disintegrate.
Since we were so close to Brandon and Angie's and it was so late, they invited us over and Dylan and I spent the night there; they were so nice to let us sleep in their bed because we wanted to sleep right away and they wanted to stay up and watch TV. Before going to bed though, I was able to chat Loren's ear off about Kraftwerk and also talked to him about doing a video for me.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 23
Even though it doesn't technically count, I'm going to go ahead and give myself credit for getting rid of all the pee that was in the rugs that I washed today. Maybe it didn't do much to remove clutter from my life, but it certainly was a huge task that no one else seemed to want to do and it gave us our balcony back.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Hey, getting rid of the pee totally counts! I read your blogs in reverse order, so will comment on the last of the three. However, I enjoyed reading them all and hope the video for IM is as amazing as it sounds! Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!