Spirit Box

Despite the sort of good night's sleep I had (I've been once again having trouble falling asleep despite being really tired), I felt awful when my alarm went off at 6:15am. My throat felt sore and my entire body ached. Just trying to sit up in bed sent pain all through my body. I ended up hitting snooze and by the time I was with it enough to open my eyes, it was already 7:45 am, so I obviously missed boot camp.
I did have to get up and get to work early again though, because I was meeting with the East Hollywood BID. They are going through renewal so they wanted to ask me some questions about when the Media District renewed back in 2004. They have a much smaller BID (and much, much smaller budget) than we do, so I told them I'd be willing to help them out however I can since I have already been through the renewal process. I will be meeting with them in February.
Then, I had a BID Consortium meeting downtown at LA Live, in this new restaurant called Rosa Mexicana. Our lunch was just delicious!
After work, Tiger came over to interview Dylan for his upcoming exhibit, "Open/Closed: Photographs by Tiger Munson" which is opening at the LAGLC's Village on Feb. 4th. One of the photos featured is of Dylan after the video shoot for Shitting Glitter's "Mustache Rides Five Cents" and Tiger likes to interview his subjects for audio commentary which is provided at the exhibit on CD walkmen.
After they finished the interview we had a nice spur-of-the-moment dinner that I whipped up. All I can say is, thank Buddha for Campbells Condensed Soup! I had a can of cheddar cheese condensed soup, a can of chicken broth, a can of baby potatoes, some leftover turkey breast and white beans from the night before and of course onions, garlic, and spices. I also had the better part of a bag of salad left and just enough Trader Joe's champagne vinaigrette dressing. It ended up being a really yummy meal.
After Tiger left, Dylan and I watched an episode of "Fear Itself" which is the first one I've watched since I bought the set on Sunday. The episode was called "The Spirit Box" and right away I recognized the main actress as Anna Kendricks who we had just seen in "Up In The Air." In addition to her, the guy who played Dexter's girlfriend's ex-husband, Paul, on the show "Dexter" was also in it, as was the guy who played the DEA Agent who was dating Mary Louise Parker's character on "Weeds" so it was fun to recognize all of them in this episode. It was actually a pretty good one, with an ending that I had "seen it coming" but then a clever twist at the end (although, in the grand tradition of plot twists, thinking back there were some things earlier in the episode that didn't seem to make too much sense with the twist later).

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 27
"Bad Touch" - Bloodhound Gang, 12" vinyl single. I gave this record a ton of spins when I used to DJ at Gold 9, mainly because Mandy would always request it! The song itself is silly but really addicting and brings back good memories. I mainly think of Evelyn when I hear the song (and Mandy of course) back when we lived in Hays. I always liked Bloodhound Gang but I think this is the only thing of theirs I ever bought. As you may know if you are following my blog closely, I'm weeding out a lot of my vinyl, so the 12" singles are the first to go because since I don't DJ that often, these take up more room than they are worth to me anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!