A Day Late

It was inevitable, but today is the first day that I'm blogging my daily entry on the next day. It wasn't that anything super exciting was going on last night that prevented me from writing, I just got super tired, and Dylan was using the computer for his traffic school. Anyway, I'm sure it won't be the last time.
Yesterday I had quite a bit of work to do, but I did manage to walk to Jamba Juice at the West Hollywood Gateway on my lunchbreak, and this time instead of getting the 'no dairy, no sugar' kind, I went ahead and got a sugar free smoothie, so it did have dairy in it. I guess that's sort of a juice, right?! It was Mango Mantra and it was really good. It got me through the rest of the day.
At home, I still had some of the fresh tomato/celery/carrot/spinach juice I had made the night before, but I mixed it with some Trader Joe's Garden Patch to make it taste better. It was difficult, but I drank the whole glass while we were watching "How I Met Your Mother." I like that show, but Dylan DVR's it and he watches it more often than I do. I always enjoy it when I do watch it, especially Neil Patrick Harris, of course.
Out of all the shows we normally watch on Thursday night, the only one that had a new episode tonight was Jersey Shore. So, we caught up on Glee (we had one episode, "Ballad," on DVR that we had missed) and then watched the new Jersey Shore. It was so hilarious! Dylan said it was maybe the best one so far. There was a girl fight, with a big "zoo creature" that charged at Snuggers (new nickname) "like a hippo." And then there was this bald guy that ended up getting in a fight with Ronnie. Do idiots just see the camera crew and decide the best way for them to get on TV is to pick a fight with the people being filmed? However, Sammi really got on my nerves this episode. I was like, STFU already!
I also worked alot on the Shitting Glitter 2010 Promo Video. I had been dawdling on it for awhile, not really coming up with any ideas of how to do it. Then, as I was going through old footage from a show where we were playing "The Apple Falls" it hit me that we have played that song all over the place, over several years, but that the recording of it was just released this year and is very "gay-friendly" with it's euro dance beat and sound. So, I decided to use the album version of the song and edit clips of us playing the song live to match up with it, and to caption where each performance was taking place. So I have an opening with Mamma introducting us at LA Pride, and then you see us performing the song at San Francisco Pride, Reykjavik Pride, San Diego Pride, Albuquerque Pride, The Q Me Conference in New York, The Funhouse in Seattle, and many other places. I think it's a good way to show how much we've gotten around and all the work we've put into it. I also made sure to show clips of people dancing in the audiences.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 7
Well this one is really easy. Remember the pretty blue candle holder I almost got rid of the previous day? It went bye bye...

Comments

Brandonbodt said…
Way to kill the candle!
Scarlet said…
Loved the SG video idea and can't wait to see it! As for the poor little candle holder, I have one thought, every hoarder probably started out with a 99 cent treasure that was just too special to throw away! Good for you, Devin!
Dylan said…
I loved when she called Nicole "Snugger" or "Snuggie", I couldn't tell which...Cool idea for the SG promo vid...Lastly, i have to thank "Hoarders" on A&E for starting you on this awesome resolution!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!