LA Kings

I had a meeting at the Chamber of Commerce today that turned out to be pretty interesting. We talked about filming in Los Angeles and some issues related to the decrease in productions recently. I thought that maybe this is something I should try to get more involved in and aware of so that our stakeholders can be kept in the loop.
After work, I went up to Susan's house to pick her up and head downtown to Staples Center. We got invited to an LA Kings hockey game and I had never been to a hockey game before so I was really excited. We were in a 'luxury suite' which is about halfway up, there are three rows of them, and we were in the middle. It was about the size of a hotel room and it had a little sitting area with a counter that had food and snacks on it, and some refrigerated cabinets stocked with soda and beer.
The game was really exciting. They use lots of loud noises, music, lights and effects to get you into it, as I'm sure they do at all games at Staples. In hockey there are three rounds (who knew) and the players really are as violent as you hear. There were so many fights, but the fights were the most fun. The Kings were playing the Ducks, and we were winning 4-0. By the time the third round was about half way over, Susan said we should leave before the game ended so we could avoid the traffic, which sounded like a good idea to me. I was sure we would win anyway so I didn't feel like I would miss much.
After I dropped her off at home, I made it back to WeHo in time to meet Amy, Marc, Brad, AJ and Laura out at 11 for Linda and Michelle's new night there. Dylan met us there later. It was really fun but I think we all drank too much.
When I got home, I had to watch 30 Rock and Community on DVR even though it was so late.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 14
I started going through the closet and finding some of my "stage wear" which tend to be items that I bought cheap to fit a certain color scheme or look. Often I don't end up wearing these things again if they don't prove to be versatile so I will be weeding through a lot of them this year. Today I got rid of a silky/shiny long sleeved red and black shirt that I had bought for our show at Rhonda's holiday wine tasting party the year before last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!