Pancakes, Marty

After my juice fast, I really was craving some bad foods, and I decided today I would just go with it. I woke up around 11am and really wanted pancakes. We didn't have any pancake mix so I looked up a recipe online and discovered they are so easy to make from scratch, I kind of felt stupid for using a mix before. I almost always keep flour, baking powder and everything else you need on hand anyway. So I mixed up the batter, got out the griddle, and make pancakes, turkey bacon and eggs over hard while brewing some coffee. Dylan got up just in time and he was very happy! We used our coconut pineapple syrup that we brought back from Maui for the first time.
After brunch, I got ready and went over to Rick and Melodie's to talk more about the Invisible Material video for "Grown Man Cry" which they are producing and directing. They have been putting a lot of thought and planning into it, so the band (including me) really needs to get in gear! We're hoping to shoot in late February, but we need to find a location and we need to obtain a whole bunch of different colors of paint.
The rest of the afternoon was very lazy. I just messed around on the computer, not really getting anything done because I had left most of my cables at AJ's house, like an idiot. Amy said she would bring them back up to Hollywood when she comes back.
My friend Pat Branch hosts a comedy show at Hamburger Mary's just down the street from us, and she had sent me an invite on Facebook. I haven't been able to make it to one of her shows before but she has come to several Shitting Glitter shows so I really wanted to support her. So Dylan and I went there for dinner and the show, and I'm so glad we did. All the comedians were great, but a couple in particular were really funny: Paul Jacek, who had some really hilarious lines as well as some insightful comments about life in Los Angeles; and Erik Charles Nielsen, who's delightfully unhinged persona made for a highly entertaining routine. Apparently, Nielsen has made a few appearances on one of my favorite TV shows, Community, but I'll have to re-watch the episodes cause I didn't remember him, and after seeing him tonight, I'm not sure how I could have forgotten!
After that we went home. Dylan had been planning to go to Bears in Space at Akbar for awhile, but decided he wasn't up for it, so we ended up watching TV before going to bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 10
I was kind of in a hurry so I just opened one of the cabinet doors in the kitchen and grabbed the first thing that looked useless, being a DVD screener of "Dancing with the Stars." I wasn't planning on watching it ever, mind you, but I had been meaning to reuse the case at some point in time. But why deprive someone of reliving their favorite moments from the TV show? I put it in the bag to take to the thrift store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!