I'm with the bands

Sunday was a pretty busy day for me, as far as Sundays go. We woke up at Brandon and Angie's before noon and made our way back across town, stopping at Jack-in-the-Box for breakfast burritos on the way.
I had to be at Rick and Melodie's at 1pm for a meeting about the Invisible Material video. I sort of thought I might be the only one to show up, since I had only gotten the final details out to the rest of the band the night before. To my surprise, Ben was already there when I got there, followed soon by Robin and Michelle, and then Brandon; so actually the whole band was there all together for the first time since Robin had gone home to New Zealand before the holidays.
Rick and Melodie have put a lot of work and thought into the video so it's going to be really good, but we desperately need to find a location, which is going to be the most difficult part. I also need to somehow get a drum set that I don't mind covering with paint splatters. So there is still a lot of work to be done before we can shoot.
After the meeting, I went up to Amoeba to see what they had in the way of Kraftwerk. After looking at the new and used CD sections, I was about to go look at the Vinyl when I ran into Myles. It seems I run into Myles almost every time I go to Amoeba! I told him I was looking for Kraftwerk so he went and looked at the Vinyl with me. Most of their classic albums have been remastered and re-released on really amazing new vinyl versions and on CD, and in a boxed set which looks fabulous but is nearly $130. So to start with, I just bought a $7.99 copy of the 1991 remix/transition to digitial "The Mix" which is probably not the best place to start, since it is really like a best of cover album of their own songs done in a 90's style, but it was the cheapest one and I thought it would be fun.
I also picked up the complete series "Fear Itself" which was a great horror-anthology type show (sort of like a new version of "Tales from the Darkside, one of my favorite 80's shows) which was on NBC a year or two ago; I had only seen two episodes while it was on the air but enjoyed them both. I also got a copy of Julie Brown (the red-headed one) "Goddess In Progress" on vinyl for $1.
After that I went home and got my car loaded up for Shitting Glitter rehearsal in North Hollywood. We had a band "meeting" first at Pitfire, although really we just had dinner together and briefly talked about our upcoming schedule including possible international tour dates, and plans for our next music video. We rehearsed at Amp for 2 hours, getting Laura up to speed on "The Apple Falls," "Socially Activist," and "I'm A Vampire" in addition to the songs that we had played last week at Universal Bar & Grill. We jammed a little on a new song, "Aces and Eights."

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 24
I am going to close out the junk cabinet series and just note that I did throw away two bags of random trash from the cabinet before putting the few remaining items back in an organized fashion. Now, the top shelf hold art and craft supplied on the left, travel supplies at the back and CD's on the right. On the bottom shelf are PVC pipe bases for my green screen/curtain frame and tools like hammers, nails and flashlights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!