The Sugar Shack

It was a difficult day of work because I was so tired.
I had to go back up to Susan's to do QuickBooks and issue checks, then back down to Hollywood.
Right after work, I had to get over to Silverlake for Shitting Glitter rehearsal at Satellite Studios. Red couldn't make it, so it was just Amy, AJ, Laura and I. We rehearsed the set for next Wednesday night's gig and jammed a little too. Our new song, "Full Release" sounded really good, as does the cover of "6 Underground."
After rehearsal, I was really beat, but wanted to go out and see some friends. Dylan and I got ready and walked over to Viktor's; Marc was already there. Viktor had just gotten Super Mario Bros. for the Wii, so we played that although I did not do very well, having never played it on Wii before. Jason came and met us, then we all went over to Fubar together. I had tried to talk Amy into entering the Tabatha look-a-like contest (it was a party for Tabatha from the show Salon Takeover) but she didn't end up doing it; her and AJ got there later but only stayed for awhile. I had to run home to get my phone, and when I came back I saw my friend Rafael walking to meet us there, and Amy and AJ were leaving.
Rafael went into the bar with me and we went to the back which was "the sugar shack" and they charged a dollar to get in there, but it was worth it because it was not crowded in there, and I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen for years.
After that we went back to Rafael's for a little while and thought we were going to meet back up with Marc and the boys, but everyone decided to call it a night.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 15
Continuing to rid myself of stage wear items worn only once or so, I parted with a black tie which had red ovals outlined in white. I wore the tie to the Pitzer College gig and there are photos online of me sitting at the piano in the Grove House (where we played on the front porch) and posing by the stairway. That was a fun show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!