Groceries and Guidos

Once again, I didn't feel all that great when I tried to wake up but it wasn't as bad as yesterday so I managed to do it and got to Runyon Canyon by 7am. This time we did go up Big Mama, but I was ready for it and it wasn't all that bad. When I finally got to the apex, I started back down only to see Luther making his way to the top. He hadn't been with us when we all started but had caught up with us. I told him how I wasn't feeling great and had some phlegm in my sinuses, so he gave me a hit off his inhaler and I started feeling better. I'm thinking maybe I need one because I often have difficulty breathing normally especially at night. I had inhalers when I was little too, because we lived on a farm and I was allergic to so many pollens in the air.
After boot camp, I went to work and had to get ready for our Advocacy and Business Development Meeting, which was our first BID meeting of the year. The meeting was at 3 at the Musician's Union and it went very well.
When I got home, Dylan and I watched the episode of "Modern Family" that we had missed and it was hilarious. Mitchell convinces his dad that one of his friends, "Shorty," is gay; Jay's wife convinces him to reach out to Shorty since he, having a gay son, might be the only one of their friends who Shorty could open up to. However, when Jay attempts to make it easy for Shorty to reveal his secret to him, it turns out that his real secret is not that he's gay but that he's in trouble with a loan shark and needs to borrow $20,000 from Jay, for which he is very thankful that Jay has offered help. In another plot, Phil has gotten a new remote that Claire can't figure out how to work, but after teaching their daughter Haley how to use it, Claire looses a bet and lets Phil keep the remote. Claire then enlists Haley to teach her how to use it in the cloak of darkness.
After that, we went grocery shopping at our newly reconstructed neighborhood Pavilions down in Boys Town, also known as the "gay bar with produce." It's like the Disneyland of grocery stores and just like Mickey's magic kingdom, we spent way too much money there!
When we got home, Marc came over and I made dinner - Chipotle Pork Chops (my own on-the-spot recipe) with black beans and an amazing winter salad that was in my latest issue of Bon Appetit. It consisted of cole slaw mix, cilantro, Serrano pepper, and green onions tossed with a dressing of mayonnaise and fresh squeezed lime juice. It was scrumptious!
We had intended to watch the Thursday night shows but they all turned out to be repeats. So instead we all watched the finale of Jersey Shore which we had all missed (although with DVR you don't really "miss" anything these days). It was a nice last episode, recapping what had happened throughout the season where we grew to love these adorable guidos with their orange skin and overwrought hairdos. I truly enjoyed the shows run, but do we really need a season two with the same cast? I just kind of assumed that if MTV picked the series up for a second season, that like the Real World franchise, it would be a new cast. I love all the cast members but I'm not sure that a second season would really be the same now that all of them have become famous. I guess they could change it up and create some interesting scenarios; my vote is to add a gay guido into the mix!
Project Runway was on at 10, but our stupid DVR was messed up and didn't start recording it, and it was already 10:30 by the time we finished Jersey Shore. I needed to go to bed anyway, so Marc decided he'd go home and catch Runway on his DVR, and I sat ours to record the next showing (which was just at 11:30 pm anyway).

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 28
Voice Farm - "Free Love" 12" vinyl single. This was one of the many bands that Denny introduced me to and he either gave me this 12" or I found it at Amoeba (and there it shall return). They were a San Francisco-based band that was sort of similar to Fischerspooner in the way that their stage shows were theatrical and had lots of people on stage, but their music was more pop/dance with a real 90's sound to it. I enjoyed listening to them for awhile but they didn't really stick with me. Also, somewhere down the line, someone I was kind of seeing used the term "free love" to basically say he wanted to sleep with (lots) of other people and that kind of ruined that song for me.

Comments

Scarlet said…
You should definitely go to the Dr. and check out your breathing problems, you prob. need the inhaler! Promise you will do that! I would love to see Tiger's exhibit, I bet you can't shoot video there...very interesting stuff in your blogs, keep up the good work, although I do miss the "purging" segments!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!