Avatar

We slept in nice and late, and then got up and got around. We were meeting Brandon, Angie and Loren in Burbank at the AMC so we could see "Avatar" in IMAX 3-D! I was really excited. Everyone who has seen it has said how much they loved it, so I figured it would be fun if nothing else.
I really liked it. Yes, I would say that I did like the effects and 3D more than the story itself, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with the plot or story, I actually really enjoyed it. But the way everything glowed and lit up, and the way the 3D was so realistic and trippy, it was just a great experience. We were already talking about seeing it again. Dylan, who was a little skeptical at first (he wasn't even sure if he was going to go with us), even loved it.
After the movie we went home and got ready to go to our friends Mike and Brett's going away party. They are moving to New York next week. The party was at one of their friend's loft apartments in West Hollywood so we walked down there and got them a card and gift on the way.
We were so starving at this point because stupidly we hadn't eaten all day, so we only stayed at the party for awhile and then we went to this taco place on Santa Monica Blvd. and had fajita burritos which were yummy. We went home and watched some shows on DVR before hitting the hay.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 16
I have so many t-shirts, and they fall into three categories: cute ones that are usually tighter and have some cool screen-print on them, some logo or photo or what not; ones that are maybe either older or larger but I've held on to them because they have sentimental value or are comfortable; and ones that I'm just not sure really why I keep them other than thinking "well maybe I'll sleep in it." The problems with the last category are: not only do I not generally sleep in shirts, but most of these aren't even comfortable anyway, and the fact that I just have SO many t-shirts. So I think I will be getting rid of quite a few this year. Today I parted with a Discmakers t-shirt that they sent me free after "Sidesaddle Sweet Talk" and it's a pretty cool t-shirt but I just never wear it. If someone wants it they can have it, otherwise it's going to out of the closet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!