El Coyote - Eating Out for Life

Today was my first "normal" day at work now that the homeless count is over. It was pretty non-eventful and I was able to get caught up on a few things.
After work, we went out to eat at El Coyote. It was some thing where all these restaurants donate 20% of the income towards a charity (Eating Out for Life), but I don't remember exactly what it was for as Dylan had all the information. Anyway, Brandon and Angie came and picked us up and then Adro met us there later. We had margaritas with our dinner that were very good.
When we got home, I wanted to watch my shows (Thursday night!) but Dylan wanted to listen to records. I asked if he could go listen to records in the bedroom and this began something of some tension which lead to some comments which eventually escalated into a fight, and the rest of the night was not good. That's all I care to say about it.
In other news, Brandon took the Saturn in to a junk yard to have her retired. She was a pretty good car. I bought her off Craiglist back in 2005 right after Dylan and I had moved to West Hollywood. I named her "Eartha" and I had her worked on a little and then we delivered a lot of groceries together when I worked for Yummy for a short time at the end of '05/beginning of '06. She drove me to some far places - Santa Barbara, San Diego, Victorville... and only one time did she just stop working, which luckily was in Hollywood and I was able to get her back up and running relatively soon. Now that I think about it, I remember another time she stopped working, nearby in another part of Hollywood, and I had to leave her in a Rite-Aid parking lot overnight. She never had a stereo so that really sucked, and the windows all stopped working (including the sunroof) but she did get me from point a to point b most every time.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 117
"Liverpool" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, cassette tape. I love FGTH because of the gay stuff and the song "Relax" and I like that album (Welcome to the Pleasuredome) but I never really got too into this tape, which was the dreaded follow-up album to their huge breakthrough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!