Good Friday and Asian Kink

I did some work and then I remembered that Dylan only had to work half a day because of Good Friday, so I called Susan to see if we were only working half a day. She said we were working a full day, but that she needed me to come up to her place to issue checks and that if I got done early I could go. So, I went up there and worked but I ended up only being able to leave about an hour early. It was nice anyway.
When I got home, I had just enough time to finish cleaning and putting the drums back together before I had to leave for rehearsal. Actually, I ended up getting on the road later than I meant to and I was really worried that I would be really late getting to Ben's house. However, there was like no traffic because of the holiday so I made it to his place in a half hour, which is a record! It usually takes me an hour or more.
We had a really good rehearsal. Brandon had brought Pabst Blue Ribbon which was nice, and I had my whole drum set since it was all now cleaned up and ready to just be left there. It is awesome of Ben to let me keep my drums there in his rehearsal room because Dylan was going crazy while it was taking up room in our place.
Afterward, I was trying to get out of there in a hurry so I could get home and get dressed for Miss Kitty's, where Robert was DJ'ing. Roxy had cooked, though, and wanted us to try her new recipe. She had made Firecracker Chicken, and it was exceptionally delicious, so much so that I didn't even THINK about the fact that I was eating chicken! It was only later when I told Dylan about it that he pointed out that I was breaking my new pescetarian diet. My first slip up in almost two weeks.
I had to take Robin home which I hadn't been planning on and made me quite a bit later getting home than I had hoped I would. I had 45 minutes to get into drag - the theme for Miss Kitty's was Asian Kink, so I wanted to do sort of geisha drag since I haven't done drag in forever. Luckily, I am pretty quick about it so I was ready to go by 11 and we even found parking pretty close when we got to the club. Brandon, Angie, Marc and Robert were already there so we found them right away and hung out with them and danced. Robert ended up DJ'ing out on the patio which was nice because it was really hot in the club.
We stayed til after 1; Brandon and Angie finally said they were going home so we stayed a little longer but then decided to go ourselves. I had to get up early in the morning the next day anyway.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 90
"Garbage" by Garbage, VHS Tape. This is a collection of the band's videos from their outstanding debut album which was revered by many of my closest friends and I. The songs are "Vow," "Only Happy When it Rains," "Queer," "Stupid Girl," and "Milk." I mean these are all classics. I loved their videos and music, but luckily I now have all the videos including all the later ones on their recent DVD compilation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!