Solo Boot Camp

Boot Camp started yesterday, but I had made a deal with Robin that I would do boot camp on my own in the evenings after work because I just couldn't hack getting up that early in the morning this time around with the crazy schedule I've got lately. But since we had the late night show on Sunday and the acoustic gig on Monday, I was too beat to do anything last night. So today after work, I went to Runyon Canyon and went up the hard way, all the way to the very top. I was afraid that I wouldn't make it back down before sunset, but I did. Dylan texted while I was on the way down cause he didn't know where I was!
When I got home I made steamed artichokes and roasted butternut squash, so it was a healthy dinner. Then we watched TV while I played the Sims on the laptop, which I had dug out to try and get online but couldn't remember the password for our wifi. And as usual, I made Dylan play with my hair while I sat on the floor by the couch.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 94
"I Don't Want Your Love" by Duranduran, 12" vinyl single. "Big Thing," the album from which this was the first single, was actually the first Duran Duran album I got when it came out. My parents got it for my for Christmas after I told them I wanted it (no big surprise). I loved the gatefold sleeve of the album and it's always been one of my favorite Duran albums, especially side B for chilling out or after hours. But I wasn't a huge fan of this song, even though the video was cool. Oddly enough, I also used to have a 7" single of this song, which I accidentally left in my car on a hot day and it completely melted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!