Townhall

This morning I talked to quite a few people who had heard about Tristan passing away, as Ben and I had spread the news on Facebook. Ben made plans for a memorial at C Frenz next Tuesday at Karaoke night, as he and Tristan went there to sing often. Ben had invited me to join them before and I never got around to it, which of course I regret horribly now.
We had a board meeting at 3pm today at Red Studios and only half the board showed up, or rather one person more than half, which is what we need for a quorum, so we were able to have the meeting but it went rather quickly.
After the meeting, I went to Smart and Final because I had to get refreshments for the LAPD Townhall Meeting. Usually, I host a Business Watch meeting every month with our LAPD senior lead officers, but they were hosting this Town Hall this month so they asked me to do this instead. The townhall was at Blessed Sacrament, a catholic school on Sunset Blvd. which I have known of for awhile but never been inside. It's a really old building and it was somewhat strange for me to be inside a catholic school. What was interesting was that Capt. Girmala mentioned that she actually had gone to school there as a girl and she was proud to be returning as captain of LAPD Hollywood.
The meeting was over shortly before 9pm so I loaded up everything and went home to make dinner for Dylan. Prudence called and wanted to come over, so she joined us and we watched "30 Rock" and "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" before she left and we went to bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 110
"World Clique" by Deee-Lite, cassette tape. I got this tape as a gift in my 4-H secret santa in junior high, I believe it was from LuAnn Eulert. I liked it at the time mainly for the single, "Groove is in the Heart." This is one of the few cassette tapes that I didn't later buy on CD or vinyl, but it hasn't really grown with me, and I think Dylan has it on CD anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!