Josie Cotton

I got up before Dylan for a change, started a pot of coffee (I only drink coffee on Sunday, usually) and made some breakfast burritos with eggs, cheese, and bell peppers - orange, yellow and red.
I had a training session at 2pm at the Hollywood City Hall for the Hollywood Homeless Registry, also known as 100,000 Homes - Hollywood. At the training, we got into our teams and the folks from Common Ground walked us through the registry process we'll be doing the next few mornings out on the streets of Hollywood, surveying homeless people on their health and housing needs. My team members are Amanda, Jake and Jenna, and I am the team leader. I'm really looking forward to working with them.
After the training, I went home and made dinner, which was Mandarin (fake/veggie) chicken sandwiches. I've been doing pretty good still following my pescetarian diet; no slip ups for quite some time now.
After dinner, I tried to go get some sleep, but it just didn't happen. The reason I wanted to nap was because by 10pm I had to start getting ready for Erotic City as Marc and I were going to see Josie Cotton perform. I first saw Josie at LA Pride a few years ago and was just really impressed by her stage presence and her singing. I hate to admit this, but I've actually never seen the movie "Valley Girl" and I never heard the song "Johnny, Are You Queer" until I moved to LA. It's not exactly the type of thing they would have played on the radio in western Kansas. So, I really didn't know who Josie was until fairly recently. But, after I saw her at LA Pride, I went to see her perform at the Key Club when she released her last album, "Invasion of the B-Girls," which is a collection of covers of b-movie theme songs, and it's brilliant! So, Marc and I were really excited to go see her tonight, and since it was an 80's club I got all decked out in a glittery blue wig, my white shiny mummy pants, a pink tux shirt, and my bedazzled vest.
As soon as we got to the club, we saw Josie sitting in the corner and she waved 'hi' to Marc so we went over and talked to her. She is just such a sweetheart and had a big smile on her face, and she let us get some pics taken with her. When she took the stage, she exuded charm. Her set was great, it was a mix of song from her forthcoming new album, "Pussycat Babylon," some from the B-Girls album, "Creeps" from the album before that (one of my favorites) and of course a couple of classics, including "Johnny, Are You Queer." It was a great, high-energy set.
After the show, we hung out for awhile and danced. Around 1am we decided to head back home, since Marc had training for the Census in the morning. I, on the other hand, had to be back to Hollywood City Hall at 3am for our first morning of surveying, but I'll talk about that tomorrow.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 113
"A Different Kind of Weather" by The Dream Academy, cassette tape. I got into the Dream Academy because I found their previous album, Remembrance Days, in a cut-out bin at my local discount store (TG&Y in Russell, KS). Then, one day later I saw the cassette single for "Love" in a store, which was the first single from this album, so I bought that, and then when this album came out I bought it right away and was very into it. I bought it later on CD and still listen to it every now and then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!