Community Brief-Back Day

Today was our Community Brief-Back for the Homeless Registry. It was at the Brain Lobby of the Los Angeles Film School, on Sunset Blvd. near Amoeba Records, so I just walked up from my office, and talked to Dylan on the phone while I walked. There were a lot of people there, including many of us volunteers who had done the registry.
After briefly explaining what the registry was, and what we hope to accomplish, they played a movie of clips from interviews with the volunteers. Then, they showed a slideshow of the most vulnerable homeless individuals and they asked for $1,000 donations towards move-in costs for each person, and for housing subsides from the various agencies and organizations in the room. I had the two $1,000 checks I got from my stakeholders (Circus Disco and Hollywood Vaults) so I stood up when they showed a photo of Viper, who is a good acquaintance of mine. It was really awesome because in the end we raised money and found housing for the 61 most vulnerable homeless people in Hollywood. I am going to be following this and make sure these people really are housed.
After work I went home for a quick minute and then had to head up to Ben's for Invisible Material rehearsal. Since I couldn't make it last Friday, they had worked on the vocals harmonies, and it made a big difference! We sounded really, really good; probably the best we've ever sounded at Ben's so far.
Roxy made Sloppy Joe's for dinner afterward so we had those and visited for awhile before we all went home. I dropped Robin off and then Dylan and I hung out when I got home.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 118
"So" by Peter Gabriel, cassette tape. This was one of the tapes I bought at ETC, a little book and music store in Russell, KS, when they were going out of business. That was right around the time I was really getting in to music, and I made a lot of my first purchases here, albums that I still enjoy to this day. I always loved the songs "Don't Give Up" and "Red Rain," in addition to the singles from the album. I also own this on vinyl now.

Comments

Dylan said…
I'm so proud of you Boo.
swivek said…
I'm proud of you too boo hoo - you are awesome

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!