Necrosis on 420

Well, today is 4-20 which is known as the "pot smokers holiday" and since this is a public blog I'll just say that this is a holiday I have been known to celebrate with friends. I had intended to go to this art gallery after work that was showing cannabis as art, at the Antebellum Gallery in Hollywood where I had been once before with Dylan. We had sort of made a plan for Dylan and I to go with Marc and Robert, but Dylan was still feeling worn out from his Coachella trip so I just went by myself to meet them.
When I got there, Marc had gone to pick up some papers from the Roosevelt Hotel because he is going to be working a film festival there, so I went to go in without them, but it turned out that you had to RSVP or else pay $10 to enter. Well, I hadn't read the e-mail well enough and failed to RSVP and I didn't have ten bucks on me nor did I want to spend it on getting in to a tiny art gallery. I don't think I've ever paid to get into an art show - usually they welcome you AND give you free wine! Plus I had just paid $2 to park at a meter for 1 hour so I was already in sort of an irritated mood. I called Robert to let them know the deal and I said I would just meet them later at Marc's house.
They ended up skipping the show too, so I went over to Marc's later. We watched this movie, Necrosis, which is a horror film starring Tiffany. I had sort of high hopes for the movie after the very silly Megapiranha. It was a pretty good little psychological thriller, but it was very short, I think like an hour and 11 minutes. Tiffany played one of six friends who go out to a remote cabin in the mountains for a weekend. When they stop in town on the way, the scary guy from The Hills Have Eyes warns them that the cabin has a strange history and advises them not to go there. Of course they do anyway and terror ensues. Tiffany's role is pretty small but I thought she looked good and was pretty believable. By the way, the actual movie has nothing to do with necrosis, which is defined as "he premature death of cells and living tissue."
I made cookie dough to bake at Marc's but I did something wrong because they came out all gooey. I think I used a half-cup measure for the flour when I thought I was using a whole cup. They still tasted delicious, and I used more of the chocolate chunks that Kolbrun sent from Iceland.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 108
"Belinda Carlisle" eponymous debut album, cassette tape. I love "Mad About You" but I never got too into the rest of this album. I also own it on vinyl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!