Welcome home, Prudence!

At work, Carol and I had to go to US Bank in Hollywood to close one of our accounts. Back when the financial crisis happened, we decided to split our money up and deposit it in different account to make sure it was safe. Now that the FDIC limit has gone back up to $250,000 we are trying to consolidate the accounts again so we went to go close this one. It was actually very easy.
Prudence called me when I was on my lunch break. She is back in LA and wanted to know if I would make dinner for her tonight and I said yes, come on over! So I had to get a few supplies on the way home. I ended up making fish sticks again with the leftover stuff I had from the Megapiranha party and a fish I had in the freezer. I also made spaghetti squash, and a salad. I got a big bottle of wine, too.
When she called me to say she was running a little late, she asked if she could bring her friend Nora and I told her I thought we'd have enough food. When they got there, we were all happy to see each other again. It was about a year ago exactly when she left LA and went back to Texas.
Everyone was happy with the meal and there was the perfect amount of food for the 4 of us, hardly any leftovers!
I told Dylan later that making dinner for people makes me so happy that I really should just have my own restaurant already!

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 103
"Count Three and Pray" by Berlin, cassette tape. This is a tape I bought later in life. At the time I only knew Berlin because of the song "Take My Breath Away," which is on this album but really doesn't fit with the rest of the songs since really it was a Terri Nunn/Georgio Moroder project. I always loved this song, but when I got the tape after moving to LA, I fell in love with the harder rock sound of the album and it's probably my favorite Berlin album, inspiring me to dream up the idea for "Pink and Velvet: The Berlin Musical" which I've yet to write!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!