Palihouse

After work today, we had a gig at Palihouse, which is a fancy-shmancy hotel in West Hollywood just up the street from Marc's place. So I loaded up my keyboard and drove over there, but there wasn't any easy parking so I just parked at Marc's and walked. When I got there, Red, Laura, Amy and AJ were already there so we got set up and did a quick sound check. This was our acoustic show because they have acoustic acts there on Monday nights. It was also Red's parent's 30th anniversary so they were there with some of their friends, and Red's brother Jeremy, and quite a few of Red's friends.
Because of the family members, and the acoustic setting, Amy seemed a little uncomfortable and ended up dropping a lot of the lyrics out, most notably an entire section of Slut Buffet. We also didn't end up doing all the songs we rehearsed, but it was a good set anyway. I really like doing acoustic shows, although this wasn't truly acoustic since we were plugged in and AJ used an electric guitar and Red played her bass through an Amp. But, Laura used brushes so her drums would be quieter, and I used the piano sound on most of the songs (I did use the regular sounds on "Slut Buffet.")

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 93
"I Get Weak" by Belinda Carlisle, 12" vinyl single. I actually adore this song as it's one of my very favorite solo Belinda records, but I don't need a 12" remix of it and I already have the album that it's from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!