Hollywood Homeless Registry - Day 1

So, I didn't sleep last night. I got back from Erotic City around 1:30am and just had a couple hours to kill before having to head in to Hollywood City Hall for our first morning of the Homeless Registry. The area my team and I are covering extends from Romaine Street up to Sunset Blvd., and from Seward Street over to Vine Street, so it includes a chunk of the Media District - they were nice enough to assign me that area as I requested.
This morning, we started by going up to Sunset Blvd. and we found the highest concentration of people sleeping on Cahuenga Blvd. just south of Amoeba Records, and near the Staples parking lot on Wilcox. I only ended up doing one interview, a guy named Chad, who had been homeless for a couple years. My team members all did at least a couple of surveys each so we were pretty happy. Several people told us they didn't want to take the survey today but that maybe they would do it if we came back tomorrow.
We had a reported and photographer from the LA Times with us, so I'm really excited to see the article when it comes out. I think that, if I get my name in the LA Times after a decade here, it will be a huge thrill for me!
We were out until nearly 6am when we headed back to the city hall to turn in our surveys and photos, and do our debriefing. It was actually kind of fun and I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning.
I went home to sleep and got back up around 10am and headed into the office. I had 91 e-mails and three voice mails, so it ended up being a pretty busy day. I sent out an e-mail to our stakeholders telling them about the Homeless Registry and the challenge that had gone out to all our teams to try and raise $1,000 towards move-in costs for one homeless person. Within a few minutes, Gene LaPietra from Circus called and said he wanted to donate $1,000 to us! I was beyond thrilled and walked over to pick up the check immediately.
After work, I went to the Central Hollywood Neighborhood Council but by 8:30 I was getting really tired, and worried that I wouldn't get enough sleep before having to wake up and be back in that same exact room, so I got up and excused myself.
I got home just a little before Dylan - they had an event for the show Glee at the TV Academy and he had to work late for it. He tucked me in to bed and scratched my back as I make him do every night, and then I drifted off to sleep.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 114
"Liberty" by Duran Duran, cassette tape. This is one of those tapes I picked up later, after I already had the CD (I also own it on vinyl). This to me is the black sheep of Duran Duran's albums, even moreso than the covers album, Thank You. To me, this album just doesn't really fit in with the others, and sound like the band is lost and trying hard to fit in to the time period. It was right at the end of the 80's and they had really fallen out of the spotlight. However, all that being said, it's one of my favorites and I can enjoy listening to it from beginning to end. Also, I think the artwork and design for the packaging of this album and the singles is phenomenal.

Comments

Brandonbodt said…
You are a GIANT! There are stars in the sky which burn less energy than my brother. I am always so proud of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!