we can be heroes

Shitting Glitter has been trying to get a real video made for ages now, and a few months ago I had asked everyone in the band if they knew anyone that might be able to do one. Red had asked her friend who said she was too busy at the moment to do anything for us. Then, on Facebook a fan that I had met a couple years ago when we played at Girl Bar wrote to us to say he wanted to make a video for us. Well it turns out that he goes to school with Red's friend who she had asked before. So, it looks like they will be collaborating on a video for us soon, which I'm very excited about.
Meanwhile, I'm excited to announce that I will be putting on my DJ headphones once again! I am going to be one of three DJ's at CPRR's She-Raw event which is organized by Annie, formerly of Ask Alice. It's a queer superhero-themed dance party at the Que Sera in Long Beach next month with a female-rock vibe. Dylan and I are thinking we'll dress up as Hit Girl and Red Mist from the new movie Kick-Ass.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 101
"Aquarium" by Aqua, Cassette tape. I got behind on this project, but much later I was cleaning out my closet and found a treasure trove: my cassette tape collection. As it's very difficult to justify holding on to ANY cassette tapes, I'm getting rid of 99% of them, so here's the first to go. When this album came out, I obviously got it on CD as it was the late 90's. I only picked it up later on cassette tape because I found it cheap somewhere and my car had a tape player in it. I remember I was driving around with this incredibly hot straight boy who lived next door to me in North Hollywood, and he said "oh, I remember this band from when I was a kid." I just wanted to die!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!