Dylan goes to Coachella

Today Tim and I had to go close another one of the bank accounts, this one at Bank of America. After that, we had an Advocacy Committee meeting that lasted until the end of the work day.
I went home and got ready for Shitting Glitter rehearsal. Dylan was already gone as he had went straight from work to get on the road to Coachella. He got a free ticket from our friend Von, and he was really excited to go.
I picked Prudence up and we went to Satellite Studios in Silverlake. I was a little confused because I thought Satellite was closing, but it turns out it got bought by another company so it has a new name, but it's still a rehearsal studio and George still works there, so that's all good.
Rehearsal was good, the three hour rehearsals seem exceedingly long to me now that I'm used to Invisible Material's 2 hour rehearsal, not to mention that I've been rehearsing with Shitting Glitter for almost 1o years now and it feels like I've been playing some of the same songs for that entire duration. It was fun, though, and we did work on some new songs.
I didn't get back to West Hollywood until almost 11pm and I walked down to Boystown to see if I could find Brad and Alf since they had been at Mickey's earlier, but apparently I missed them. I hung out a little but then went back home and watched TV and went to bed. Dylan called me and he was having a horrible time trying to get into Coachella between the traffic, the drunk kids, and the inept security people. He was really upset and said he was thinking of just coming home, but he texted later and said he had met up with our friend Rafael and everything was better.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 104
"The B-52's" eponymous debut album, cassette tape. When "Channel Z" was released back when I was in junior high, I saw the video on MTV and thought "they sound kind of similar to the Sugarcubes." Little did I know that the band had been around for years, and was just then on the verge of not only a comeback, but their huge mainstream breakthrough with the album Cosmic Thing and the singles "Love Shack" and "Roam." Soon, I was delving into the band's back catalogue and I remember buying this tape and was going to fast forward to hear "Rock Lobster" first since I had read so much about it but never heard it. And, I started to play it on my Aunt Sharon's stereo because I must have bought it on a shopping trip with her, and her husband Tim started complaining right away about "WHAT IS THAT RACKET" or something, so I was embarrassed and shut it off right away after just a few seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!