Welcome Home, Dylan!

It was another scorcher - once again, the thermometer registered over 100 degrees. It was too hot to do anything productive and I was just so ready for Dylan to come home!
After work I had to go up to Ben’s house in Granada Hills to get my drums, since Invisible Material will be rehearsing in a new space tomorrow which is just an empty studio space belonging to someone Robin recently met (a drag performer who I’ve heard of and I think have even seen perform before). Since Dylan was flying back, I just decided to time it so that I could go to Ben’s and hang out for a little, load up my drums, and then take the 118 over to the 5 to the Burbank Airport.
I had just seen the sign for the airport on the freeway when Dylan texted and said he had landed. It looked like the timing would be perfect! I made it to the airport and he had texted saying he was waiting for his bags. The Burbank airport is relatively small, and you can see into the baggage claim area from outside, but I didn’t see him on my first time around. I went around a couple more times and finally on the 6th time I thought something must be wrong, because it shouldn’t take this long to get luggage at Burbank. So I texted Dylan to make sure I was in the right place, and he texted back that he was at LAX. Apparently, I assumed that I was picking him up at the same airport I dropped him off, and he assumed that I had closely read the e-mail he had sent earlier that day with his itinerary. Well, we both assumed wrong! So I sped down to LAX, and since it was already late at night there was no traffic and I actually made it in like 25 minutes or less. It was so nice to see him again once I finally found him.
By the time we got home we were both tired so we pretty much went right to bed.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Silly!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!