Date night

We got up and around, which took much longer than usual since Andrew and Luther take longer to get around than anyone I've ever met. Dylan was very impatient and got into a pretty lousy mood, which always bugs the heck out of me when it's a Sunday and we have nothing to do anyway, so why get upset?
Anyway we went to Silver Spoon for brunch out on the patio and finally Dylan ended up getting in a better mood.
We had talked about going to a movie with Andrew and Luther later in the day, but after they left we were just lazy and didn't do much of anything.
Eventually evening came and Dylan and I decided we wanted to go out for dinner, but as usual we were undecided as to where we should go, so as we have done so many times in the past, we just started walking west on Santa Monica Blvd. This turned into a comedy of errors, as it seemed just as we decided (or settled) and approached a restaurant, they would be flipping the sign to say "closed" or stacking chairs up on the table. It was, after all, getting close to 10pm.
This happened several times and finally we reached the heart of boystown and decided to eat at Eleven. We walked in and sat down and then noticed our good friends, Aaron and Mark, who were there with Andy Dick of all people. We talked to them for awhile and then went to sit down and order food, only to be told the kitchen was closed.
So, we proceeded further down the street. Finally, we got to Skewers, which is this little restaurant that has been there for as long as I can remember, yet I don't think I've ever eaten there. I stopped to see if they were open, while Dylan kept walking down the street to look further on. They told me they were still open so I yelled for Dylan to come join me.
It ended up being the PERFECT thing! Since I'm on South Beach diet, phase 1, the things I can eat are very limited. At Skewers, they have a special where you can get 2 skewers - you choose your meats - and two sides. I got a shrimp skewer and a steak skewer, and for the sides I got black beans and grilled veggies. It was really delicious, and the table we got was in a corner, under a staircase, and looked like a little kitchen in some Italian family's house or something, it was very romantic and cute! We ended up having the most perfect date night completely against all odds.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Oh, how nice...I'm glad you blogged about your date.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!