Spiceworld

I was very excited to have Angie and Brandon coming over for dinner and a movie. Specifically, the movie "Spiceworld." A few months or so ago, Angie said something about needing to watch "Spiceworld," to which I said, "you mean watch it again!" It turned out that somehow she had never witnessed this cinematic masterpiece! So I of course arranged a time for us to have a little viewing party.
Now, I guess I forget that not everyone is as huge of a Spice Girls fan as I am. I saw the movie on opening day, back in the Fox Theater in downtown Hays, Kansas... my cousin Andrea was nice enough to accompany me. Since then, I've probably watched it another 25 times or so on VHS and then later on DVD. So I've pretty much memorized all the lines - the good ones, at least. Anyway, I think Angie has grown to appreciate the Spice Girls a little more since knowing me, especially since I've sort of introduced the individual members (particularly Victoria and Mel B) to her so she has come to like their personalities. But I understand that, as a whole, the Spice Girls are possibly slightly cheesy to some people.
After we had dinner, we started the movie. I was very excited to be watching it again, but I do see where there are maybe some slow parts, or lines that fall flat, or certain bits of humor that haven't withstood the test of time. Overall though, I think everyone enjoyed watching it. Angie fell asleep very near the end, but I knew she had had a long day and she really only missed the last 5 minutes or so.
Once the movie was over, Brandon and I watched the season premiere of "Community" since Angie doesn't really care for the show and Brandon hadn't had time to watch it yet.

Comments

Scarlet said…
How fun that you get together just to watch an old movie...we should do stuff like that more often!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!