Happy Birthday, Adrienne

Today is my little sister's birthday. I love you, Adrienne!!!
It was also the Media District's annual party on the rooftop of Iron Mountain. This is a party that I organized (or helped organize) every year since 2003. So, I was kind of excited about going this year having not had anything to do with it for once. Usually, I was too busy running around trying to make sure everything is going as planned to even really enjoy it.
I realized I didn't like my outfit at all, so after work I headed to Ross Dress for Less to get a new pair of black jeans to wear, but when I got there the line was SO long. I timed it and I was in line for over 15 minutes, which actually doesn't seem like a long time, but usually you don't have to wait that long for the privilege of buying clothes.
By the time I got to the party, it was about a quarter til 8, and everyone who saw me kept saying "Oh, you missed it, they talked about you!" Apparently, Ron, the board president, had made a speech thanking me and had wanted to recognize me in front of everyone but I wasn't there. I'm actually kind of glad I missed it because I was not ready for anything like that to happen.
I did end up having fun, although it seemed like the party started winding down right after I got there. It was nice talking to Susan and Diana and of course all my friends who were there that I haven't seen since I left the job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!