Fullerton and Head

Amy and AJ were having a housewarming party since Amy recently moved away from Hollywood to live with AJ in her house in Fullerton, which is down in Orange County. It's really far, but the house is so cute and I think Amy will be very happy there. However the drive is always excruciating and today was no exception. Dylan was driving and he just couldn't handle it, he got so stressed out about the traffic and had sort of a break down. So, I told him to pull over and he got right off on the next exit and got out of the car. I switched places with him and got behind the wheel, but I did not get back on the freeway. Instead, I got on this surface street that paralleled the freeway and was actually moving. We took that quite far until I realized the freeway was nowhere in sight, but I figured I was still heading in roughly the right direction. At a couple points, the road would end and run into some other road so I thought I was still going the right way but at some point I finally decided to check using my blackberry. It turned out, I just needed to take the next right and that would take me straight to their house! It was almost miraculous how well it worked out. Right after I checked the directions, we turned and saw a sign saying "Welcome to Fullerton."
When we got their, Marc and Robert were already there as well as Kristahn and her friend. Several other guests showed up soon thereafter, including Luther and Andrew, which was kind of awkward at first since they are not speaking to Robert and vice-versa. Luckily, AJ has a big backyard with a deck, and front yard with a porch, so everyone just sort of claimed their areas and everything was fine. It was funny because at some point, Luther said something about when "they are at our house tonight" and after listening to what he was saying, I realized we must have made plans for them to come over for a slumber party and I was so drunk at the time we planned it that I had forgotten all about it. Luckily, the apartment was clean so we were fine to have guests coming over, but it was just kind of a surprise.
The food was all so good even though I could barely eat any of it because of my diet. I did get to have some grilled meat that AJ made which was delicious. It was actually nice being at AJ's house and not getting totally drunk for once. We stayed there until it was dark, lighting off some sparklers in the backyard.
We drove back to LA and stopped at home so we could get ready to go to Myles' Prince night (called Head) at the Palms. Brandon and Angie came and we all walked together. Marc and Robert were there, and Luther, Andrew, and Jason showed up so again there was so awkwardness but everyone got along OK. Luther and them ended up going to Fubar and we thought we might join them later but we ended up staying at the Palms late and then we went home and waited for Luther and Andrew to come over.
Andrew had brought the DVD of "Shock Treatment" which is sort of a sequel to "Rocky Horror Picture Show." I was surprised that I'd never really heard of it, because I really enjoyed watching it even though it's very wacky and hard to follow.

Comments

Scarlet said…
Wow, you have been busy blogging...enjoyed catching up!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!