Happy Trails, Dylan & Welcome Home, Dudley

We had to wake up around 5:15am in order to get around and get Dylan to the airport on time, he had a 6:50am flight from Burbank to Portland. There was no traffic or anything and Burbank is such an easy airport, so once I had woken up and gotten dressed, the hardest part was over. Although of course it was hard saying goodbye to Dylan for 10 days!
I went right into work so that I could go home early and take a nap before Dudley's party. Today was Park[ing] Day LA, which is where they encourage people to take over parking spaces and make them into little park-type areas to hang out in- it's something that takes place in cities all over the country. I didn't really see anyone taking advantage of it, but the Hollywood Community Studio did do a pavement-to-plaza demonstration project on Hudson Ave in the Entertainment District, right off of Hollywood Blvd., so I took the camera down there to snap some pics and talk to the girls in charge. It was a great idea to do on that street since it's not very heavily used and would make a cute little pedestrian plaza.
The day dragged by, and then Kerry and I drove to Beverly Hills to meet with one of our board members for HED, who is the chair of my marketing committee. We met him at his house which was opulent - totally what you would expect in the 90210. After the meeting, the traffic was horrible trying to get back to Hollywood, but it was nice to have some one-on-one time with my boss, since she is a very busy lady!
After work I had several things I had to do, including getting a present for Dudley's housewarming party, so I didn't end up taking a nap. It's always hard for me to take a nap right after work unless I'm just extremely tired.
I stopped and visited Andrew and Luther on my way to Dudley's new house, they stay in this little motel in the Valley sort of near my old stomping grounds.
Then I headed over to Toluca Woods to Dudley's new place, which turned out to be huge. It's this sprawling ranch house with a pool and a koi pond in the backyard, three bedroom, a huge foyer, a big rec-room/bar in the back, and a three car garage with a loft above it! It was very impressive. His bedroom alone is practically the size of our entire apartment. It felt kind of weird thinking that if I had just ended up staying roommates with Dudley all these years (he was my first roommate in LA after Brandon moved back to Kansas), I might be living in that house now. He had gotten a really good deal on it, and I'm so happy for him, but it's always rough to see your friends buying new houses when you're still stuck renting your tiny apartment.
I saw some friends I hadn't seen in ages - people I used to hang out with when Dudley and I lived together - and then Brandon and Angie showed up too so I sat and talked with them for awhile until finally the lack of sleep started to kick in and I was getting really tired. I said goodbye to Brandon and Angie but I snuck out without saying goodbye to anyone else because I knew if I started saying goodbye to everyone, it would be another hour before I actually left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!