Grown Man Cries Premiere Party

I went to the Chamber of Commerce for a tourism committee and afterward it was almost the end of the day anyway, so I went home to get ready for the video premiere party of Invisible Material's video, "Grown Man Cries." I stopped at Ralph's on the way home to get red velvet and carrot cake whoopie pies; normally I bake cupcakes for special events such as these but I had no time.
When I got home, I hurriedly burned a CD of my music so that I could give it to Elene - I was going to meet her at Silver Spoon, when our old neighbor Michael aka Big Sweat stopped by. I felt bad that I was already almost out the door, as it seems like anytime he or anyone else just 'drops by' I'm always busy. I tend to overbook myself. In case you haven't noticed that about me yet.
So, I was running over to Silver Spoon and was a little late at this point, but it turned out that Elene was running behind too so we ended up getting there around the same time. When she walked in we both smiled and hugged each other and then sat down and started chatting. It went really well, we got along great and I think we will have a lot of fun working together musically. We had dinner and some drinks and talked about music a lot. She said her boyfriend was in the neighborhood so I said he should come join us and go over to the video premiere party together. Jim, as his name was, came and met us and we walked to Fubar.
Quite a few people showed up to the premiere party. I was really happy with the turnout, and it was nice to have the whole band back together again and in good spirits. Rick and Melodie were there of course and both seemed pretty excited about the party. Several of the crew members were there too.
It turned out to be open bar, which I hadn't known about or else I would have promoted it, but it was definitely a nice surprise!
Finally, around 9:15 we decided to play the video. It went over very well! We got lots of compliments and everyone seemed to love it.
After the party, Brandon, Angie, Dylan and I went back to our apartment to regroup and then we headed down to The Palms for Myles' new club, Electroliscious. I forgot my wallet at home so Angie bought me a 7&7, but once I started drinking it, I felt really drunk (the open bar at Fubar caught up with me) and I suddenly just felt really nauseous like I might throw up or something. I decided to slip out and just left without even telling anyone - including Dylan. I think that I thought the walk home would make me feel better. Apparently, after I left, Myles played my song "Tape" and everyone wondered where I had gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!