Disco Fever - for a Good Cause!

Today was another busy day. We had a board meeting for HED, but since the PAL Event was tonight, we bumped the board meeting up earlier since both Kerry and Thad are involved in PAL (which is the Police Activities League).
The theme of the event was Disco, so I went to Iguana on my lunch break and bought a shiny black shirt and a pair of gold glittery alien sunglasses, thinking it could kind of not only work for the Disco look but also for the Alien Nation video, which we're going to film next month.
The board meeting went well, and then afterward Kerry and I walked down to the Music Box for the PAL Event. Sarah met us there later because she went home to get dressed. There were tons of people I knew there, so during the first part I mingled and visited with everyone. There was a silent auction and open bar, but I just had a couple glasses of wine and I didn't bid on anything because it was all so expensive. There were some great prizes, though.
Then we moved inside to the theatre and the dinner was served buffet style and the lines were really long and slow moving. We sat down and had our salad and after awhile we decided to go get in line. I ended up having Lobster Mac & Cheese among other things, so definitely not on the Phase II diet. Already starting out badly - but what can you do when it's free dinner?
The show started a little late, with a musical number from CHIPs! The Musical, which was really funny. It was especially funny since Erik Estrada was in the audience, as he is a big supporter of PAL and was being honored tonight.
After the opening number, Kerry and Thad welcomed everyone and introduced Barry Williams (from the Brady Bunch), who was the MC of the event. He started the live auction off, which was done by John Moschitta Jr., the guy who talked really fast in the old Fed Ex commercials from the early 80's which I vaguely remembered. It was a star studded event!
Anyway the auction was very high-pressure and the items were very expensive. Of course it was going for a good cause but it felt strange to be sitting there, having this guy wanting us to bid all the money, when it was clearly way out of my price range. I just hoped I didn't have some spastic involuntary arm raising thing!
I ended up having to leave right away after the auction, which I felt bad about, but Brandon and Angie were coming over at 9:30 to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia with us since Dylan is leaving tomorrow. So I went home and met them and we hung out and talked and watched the show, which was hilarious - it was the season premiere, and it was all about gay marriage.
After they left, Dylan finished packing and then we went to bed since we had to get up extremely early in the morning to get him to the airport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!