Spicy Times

Someone replied to my Craigslist ad! I was so thrilled when I got the e-mail. It's a girl who is a classically trained pianist but she loves 80's music, new wave, synth pop etc. and would like to start performing in that realm. It sounds really promising, so we are going to set up a time to meet soon.
I didn't know it last night, but today Brandon and I were talking and he mentioned the lead singer of Does It Offend You, Yeah?'s last name is Rushent and I asked if he was related to Martin Rushent, and Brandon said it's his dad! For those of you unaware, Martin Rushent is a music producer who produced one of the all-time most influential albums of all time (at least for me), "Dare" by The Human League. He also produced a ton of other artists that I love including The Go-Go's and Altered Images.
Brandon and I also talked about getting backing tracks ready for the inevitable Devin Tait & the Traitors show - that's what my band is going to be called, since everyone talked me out of Devin Tait & the Taitor Tots. I may have mentioned that before. My uncle (ex-uncle) Gene always used to call me Devin Taitor Tot and I thought it would make a funny name for my band, but apparently everyone else though it would be lame. Anyway, I had been asked to play a show next month opening for Shitting Glitter and our friends Crush so I wanted to put a band together for it, but obviously I wouldn't be able to have Brandon there so I'm not sure how that would work. Andrew said he would sing backup for me, and maybe things will work out with this keyboard player.
I was sort of planning on going to the AMP Open Mic down in Long Beach tonight, but decided I'm not sure if I want to do the open mic route - I have been performing in bands for over a decade so I don't think I would be happy just getting up and doing one song. Plus, when I got home, my Spice Girls DVD's that I had ordered online had come in, and it was the season premiere of Modern Family.
Dylan called, he is in Washington now with Leah so they were going to watch Modern up there.
I only watched a little of the Spice Girls DVD's. They were the live shows (Istanbul and Wembley Stadium) which I had on VHS back in the late 90's. Watching them brought back so many good memories and made me miss the Spice Girls so much.

Comments

swivek said…
I'm so excited about the whole Devin Tait & The Traitors! And its cool you got a hit off the craigslist. I was talking to Laura at AJ's b-day thing and told her I was thinking of placing an ad as I want to put together just a little band that wants to play shows and just have some fun.
Scarlet said…
Wow! I really got behind on your blog, but I'm caught up now. You are one busy guy, how do you do it? I also watched the videos from Brandon's blog of your show, really enjoyed seeing the three of you perform! My favorite is Bridge to Nowhere!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!