Dancing on my Obsession

Marc and I met out on Romaine St. so he could hand over Princessa, Viktor’s chihuahua, who I would be dog sitting the next few days while they are all up in San Francisco at Folsom Street Fair. It ended up being a really hot day in Los Angeles, so I decided not to do the steam cleaning today. I thought maybe I’d just do it tomorrow. I ended up working on my song, “Dancing on my Obsession,” which is the mash-up of “Dancing on my Own” by Robyn and “Obsession” by Animotion (commonly mistaken for a Human League song) which I had started to work up for Blender. I finished it and sent it to Cindy for tonight.
I met Brad at Hamburger Mary’s around 9:30 so that we could get a good table and have dinner first. I hadn’t even told Brad I was performing, but Cindy got there later and came and told me what order we’d be performing in so that’s when Brad found out. Later, our friend Brent came and joined us. The show started shortly after 10pm and the Boofont Sisters did several numbers to open the show. They looked and sounded fabulous, as usual! Miss Barbie Q, one of the hardest working drag queens I’ve ever met, was also performing so she did one of her numbers and then I was next! I felt a little out of place since I wasn’t a drag performer or anything but I got up onstage, told Dan (Cindy’s husband) to “hit it” and then my track started playing, so started singing and dancing as best I could! The audience was like, sort of ambivalent... that’s Mary’s for you though! Lots of people were either just there to drink or eat or talk to their friends so at least they were being polite. By this time I had had a few drinks so I didn’t really care anyway. I made it through, I thought I had done a good job, so I went back to my table afterward. Brad and I stayed til the end of the show and then I went home and Princessa was up and waiting for me when I got home, so we went to bed on the couch watching TV.

Comments

swivek said…
You were great! and I loved the surprise

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!