new bass player

We had an "urgent" conference call this morning at 9:30 regarding the Walk of Fame 50th anniversary celebration being planned for November. There has been a change of direction so we needed to brainstorm some new ideas, but there were so many people on the phone and I didn't really have any good ideas so I'm not sure how helpful I was.
At noon, I had my first marketing committee meeting. Initially, pretty much everyone had said they could make it but one by one people started letting me know they couldn't make it for one reason or another and it ended up being only a handful of us, but we still got a lot accomplished and discussed a lot of things, so it was really good. I like coordinating the marketing aspects.
There was a Hollywood 4WRD meeting later in the day but I had other things I needed to work on so Kerry said I didn't need to come down for that.
After work I had the first Invisible Material rehearsal with our new bass player, Jared. He's from Indiana and is going to MI starting next month. I had a chance to talk with him a little before Robin got there. The rehearsal went really well - Jared's a very talented bass player and he was able to figure out the songs really easily, even the ones he hadn't heard before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!