South Beach, again

First off, I absolutely cannot believe it's already September! I feel kind of lucky because I made it through a whole LA Summer without it ever getting too hot. I never even got a sunburn.
My boss is gone on vacation, taking her daughter back to the east coast for college, so the office is kind of quiet although we all have our projects that we're working on.
Speaking of projects, I decided to finally commit to getting in better shape by starting the South Beach diet in earnest. Today was my first day and I was very good. I just had a salad for lunch and almonds to snack on.
I was EXTREMELY excited about some news that came out online today: the titles of the songs on the new Human League record were announced! As you may know, Human League are my all-time favorite band since I was a kid and I have followed them for decades (scary!). I've seen them live many times, including seeing them play at Sheffield City Hall, their hometown, in 2003. Their last album was in 2001, which is one of my all time favorite albums, so I've been waiting for the follow up a long time. It seems the wait is almost over!!!
After work, I had to VERY quickly go to the grocery store on the way home, and then start making my dish for dinner club. I was making fish kebabs and a greek salad, using recipes from the South Beach diet book.
My friend Lindsey, who I used to work with at my first job in LA and haven't seen for over 6 years, is back in LA. Robin told me that usually at dinner club, we rotate and a different couple brings a guest each time and that it was Dylan and I's turn. So, it worked out perfectly because I invited Lindsey and she was very excited to join us. She came over to our apartment and we talked while I cooked.
Dylan had to work late, so we met him over at Aaron and Marc's new house. It's such a cute place! It's right on a corner lot, south of West Hollywood off of Crescent Heights, and it's got 2 bedrooms, a fireplace, high ceilings, and lots of cool details that they just don't put in new houses anymore like trim and rounded ceiling corners.
We had a really fun dinner and everyone was getting along great. But, because I just started South Beach, I was going through a really serious sugar/carb withdrawal that resulted in me having a horrible headache that got progressively worse until I almost couldn't take it anymore. I walked Lindsey to her car when she was ready to go and then Dylan and I left shortly thereafter.
On the way home my headache was so bad that I just moaned in agony until we got home where I could lay down and take and aspirin and drift off to sleep.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I feel so bad that you had such a horrible headache, really sucks, huh!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!