Walk of Fame 50th

I got up early for Hollywood Walk of Fame 50th Anniversary Festival. I'd been attending the committee meetings for this event at the Chamber and had been looking forward to it. I signed up to volunteer since I thought it would be a good thing to do for my job, so I had to be at Hollywood & Highland (the big shopping center) at 10am.
I met some other volunteers and Chamber people there and we got the table and tent all set up. As soon as we got set up, of course people kept coming up to us and asking questions, many of which were stupid. But, it was fun, and I enjoyed being a part of it. You may not know it, but the Walk of Fame is considered the most successful marketing idea ever conceived by a chamber of commerce. The Walk of Fame is one of the biggest tourist draws in Los Angeles and almost everyone knows what it is. I remember going there when we first visited LA back in the 90's. Anyway, I finished my volunteer shift and walked down to meet Dylan at Capitol Records, he had taken the bus there and I told him to go before I got done because I heard there was a crazy line. It turned out that crazy was an understatement - the line wrapped around and around in the parking lot under the sweltering sun. We stood in line for a bit but then decided to leave. I had been really excited for the tour of Capital Records, but it wasn't worth getting sunburned and standing in line for two hours, which was what the expected wait time was. There were other things going on during the festival so we decided to go check them out. We went to Dillons Irish Pub, which is right across the street from my office and quickly becoming a favorite hang out of mine. For the festival, they were featuring "1960's prices" but I just had a beer as I was waiting to get a hot dog at Skooby's. Dylan had a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup for $5, which is probably more than that would have cost in the '60's, but oh well. Then we went to Skoobys so I could get 99 cent hot dogs, and then went to the Egyptian Theatre to see our friends Melodie and Rick, who were volunteering for American Cinematheque, the organization that preserved and runs the theatre. By this time we were kind of over the festival so we went home and I finally did my hair color - it was a set that I had found at the Giant Dollar that came in a paint can with two shades - Rum and Raisin. I put the raisin on the bottom part of my hair and the Rum on the top, but it all just came out really dark brown; the raisin just had a hint of purplish red to it.
Later, Ben came over, and we went to El Coyote for dinner, which was nice. Dylan and I had some scratch margaritas, which we always get there. After we got home from that, we just watched Mad Men and went to bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 204
"Time Management for the Creative Person" paperback book. This was another book I was supposed to read for the same class in college as the book yesterday. I never liked reading books that I've been told by someone else to read. This was no exception and I'm sure I just skimmed it enough to get by in class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!