Dinner Party, featuring Moses

We had a joint security committee meeting for both BIDs this morning, it was my first committee meeting. It went really well, and because it's for both BIDs there were quite a few people, so it was a lot different from the Media District security meetings, which were more low-key and a smaller group.
In the afternoon, we had been invited to an ice cream social on Sunset Blvd. by one of the stakeholders, so Joe and I met there (he had been out doing errands); Stacy and Gigi from LaBonge's office were there also. The ice cream was delicious! It was from a place called Dandy Don's.
After work, I borrowed some chairs from the office and then I had to rush and pick up the ingredients for my dish at the dinner party tonight. I decided to make the Florentine Casserole which has been a hit on other occasions. Dylan wanted to make a fruit salad, so I picked up the fruit for that after consulting a webpage titled 'how to make the perfect fruit salad and get laid.'
Our first guests to arrive were Aaron and Mark; I had gone to the dinner party at their house on Cinco de Mayo (for those of you following my blog). They brought quesadillas to make. We visited with them; Dylan and Mark hadn't met before, but Mark is a member of the TV Academy - and is involved with our friend Scott's website, www.findadeath.com - so they had plenty to talk about.
Robin, Michele and Moses were late but it was all good. They brought a salad and wine. Once everyone got their dishes together, we went to the table and had dinner. Everything was very delicious! My casserole went over really well, although I had to explain all the measure I had taken to make it more "healthy" to Robin, of course. We all had a great time eating and talking, and listening to records (She & Him's Volume 2 is great for dinner parties).
It was awesome to be able to catch up with Moses since he moved to Hong Kong several months ago. Dylan and I have always loved him so much, and he had so many interesting stories to tell about his new home.
Everyone stayed pretty late, so by the time they had all gone home, we just tidied up a bit - thankfully, we used paper plates for the dinner - and then went to bed.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 188
Girls' large gap wool vest. I got this at a thrift store, and I think I wore it once - when I dressed in an asian theme for some random party night back in 2001 or 2002. I still have the pictures from that night, but I could never fit in to this vest again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!