Universal City

Today we had our monthly LA BID Consortium lunch meeting, which was held in the upstairs of a bank in Los Feliz. Jim, my replacement at the Media District, was there so we sat together. The food was delicious, as Dora (from the Los Feliz BID) brought it from her restaurant, Yuca's. Afterward we were walking to our cars and Jim told me he had some questions for me so he wanted to meet for lunch soon, which I said would be great.
Later in the day, I went over to Hollywood and Highland as I was going to take a tour of the Kodak Theatre and see the preparations they are making for Cirque du Soleil, which is going to be starting a show there next year which they will do for most of the year, for many years - the only other thing that will be going on at the Kodak is the annual Oscar Awards. I actually had never been in the theatre before, it's really amazing inside. The lobby and everything is so cool, and the inside of the theatre is designed sort of like and old European opera house.
After the tour, I rode the subway up to Universal City for the Chamber Mixer which was being held at this restaurant called Samba. When I got there, I was waiting for the shuttle bus to go up the hill to Universal Citywalk, but there was a car wreck at bottom of hill and because of it they couldn't run the shuttle bus, so I had to walk up. I hate seeing car wrecks in LA because it's just such a reminder that no matter how careful you are, some moron (who's probably texting) could run into you and really ruin your day, if not your life. Luckily this accident was pretty minor and no one was hurt, but one of the really expensive cars involved looked like it would need some extensive repairs.
There was a big turnout for the mixer. I met this guy Taylor who is a music producer, and this really nice lady who reminded me of the actress Catherine Keener. I hung out there for awhile and then went over to Jillians for the Tourism Committee Outing. I was one of the first people there, but I met this girl named Regina and we were both hungry so we dug in to the appetizer buffet and we ended up just sitting there and talking for a long time, it was really fun. She was a really cool, nice gal. After awhile we both decided it was time to go, so I rode subway home.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 207
"Cooking of the British Isles" hardback cookbook. I either got this at the Library sale or in the lobby of the Dover. In either case, I never used it and doubt I ever would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!