Bears in Space

Today was Marc's birthday, but instead of having a party, he wanted everyone to go to Akbar for Bears in Space. It was the 1 year anniversary of that club so they were having a parking lot party, which sounded like fun.
I hadn't had any time to get a present and I had no idea what to get him, so instead I made a chocolate orange pound cake with orange slices and glaze on top. It looked and smelled delicious but I never got to try any of it other than the batter.
Ben came over and Dylan was going to drive us all, but we stopped at Viktor's to give Marc the pound cake so he didn't have to take it to the club and share it with everyone. Marc was driving to the club by himself so I volunteered to ride with him.
When we got there, it was fairly sparse but it filled up rather quickly. It was really sunny outside so I had to either hide under and umbrella or stay inside, but it was really fun. It felt like a small pride festival out in the parking lot.
Amy and AJ were there and had a birthday gift for me, which was a t-shirt with Raggedy Ann and Andy doing an unspeakable act, and a small bottle of Patron tequila!
After awhile, Ben, Dylan and I got really hungry so we went next door to McDonald's. Then we went back to the club for awhile and by that time they were starting the performances. There was a drag queen called Lady Bear who was really fun and had a big 40 oz bottle of beer that she shook up and shot everywhere and then dumped on this guy who she had pinned on the ground.
The next performer I don't remember her name unfortunately but I must find out, because she was crazy. It was a "drag queen" in a very loose sense because she mainly just looked like a wreck. In like a disturbing way. I'm not sure what she was singing about half the time, but she had this dancer who stripped down to his undies and she would fondle him and they would interact together in bizarre ways. Everyone was sort of in awe of the whole thing. Dylan said he had seen her before at Folsom Street Fair once.
Tons of people we knew were there including Luther, Andrew, Robert, Alfred, James R, Viktor, and a bunch of people I vaguely know from going to other bars with Marc.
After the performances, we were getting kind of fatigued so we went home. We didn't do True Blood tonight because of Marc's birthday.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 190
About 1 yard of black, floral print fabric. I do think that I bought this downtown in the garment district although I can't imagine why. I thought about saving it with my other fabric scraps but it's truly dreadful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!