Aphrodite

Kerry was back from England today so we had a little staff meeting and all got caught up. She told us a little about her trip, and had brought us each a present! She gave me a bar of soap wrapped in newspaper that said "Foreign Correspondent's Soap" and smelled amazing.
I got quite a few compliments on the newsletter that had gone out last Friday, so that felt nice. Kerry said it was really good.
After work, I went to Amoeba to get the new Kylie Minogue album! I had almost forgot it was coming out today. They had it on vinyl, finally, and it didn't say anything about a download or a CD but I thought I felt a CD in the package. I even had my friend Adrienne who works there feel it but she said she wasn't sure. Well, on the way to the car I opened it and there was no CD inside or digital download, so I guess I'll have to borrow Marc's CD so I can put it in the iTunes.
It definitely seems funny to say, in 2010, that I just bought the new Kylie Minogue record on vinyl! Back in 1988 or whenever it was the "The Locomotion" came out, I liked Kylie but not enough to buy her album. It wasn't til years later that I found it on cassette in a cutout bin that I picked it up, and thought it was nice enough, but didn't think much else of it since that really had been her only hit in the US and she had kind of disappeared. But after moving to LA I discovered that she was still a huge star in the rest of the world and had become known as "the princess of pop" (with Madonna as queen, of course... but many people prefer Kylie, myself included).
Also, they had all but stopped making vinyl records for years but now they seem to be en vogue again, at least with serious music collectors, hipsters, and DJ's. I read somewhere that it was the only format that was increasing in sales the past few years.
Anyway, even back in junior high, records were on the way out, so if you had told me in 7th grade that I'd be buying a new Kylie Minogue vinyl record in July 2010, I'd have laughed you out of the room!

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 186
"Pork in the Park" T-shirt from the FHSU Communication Club's annual pig roast. For some reason I was not ever a member of the Communication Club but I did go to this party my last year at FHSU and had an amazing time. I have lots of pictures from that night, so I don't need to keep the shirt for memories - we're all wearing the shirts in the photos. I remember I got really drunk this night and was taking my shirt off and doing a dance for my friend Courtney and someone took a picture of it. I was disgusted to see how fat I was in the photo but I kept it because it helped me when I finally lost weight, it was like a motivation. Hopefully I threw it away after that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!