Saturday in West Hollywood

Dylan and I had all these big plans for the holiday weekend, but already they were starting to get pushed aside in favor of just relaxing. We had intended to get up [fairly] early and drive down to Newport Beach for this gay yacht party which sounded fun, but also for me those things are much better if we go with a group of people. Sometimes I don't like having to make new friends, especially if it's with a bunch of hot gay guys with hot bodies. Not that I don't want them as friends, it's just hard to go up and talk to them sometimes.
So, we slept in and then we decided to walk up the street for brunch. We were going to eat at this place called The Griddle which is just on Sunset and Fairfax but it's always so busy we've never braved the crowds there. I thought maybe since it was a holiday weekend, it wouldn't be as bad, but I was wrong so we ended up checking out this little Italian place called Vivoli Cafe that I've always wanted to try. They had great $9.99 lunch specials so I got one of those with sausage pizza, minestrone, and I think it was supposed to come with a caesar salad, but I never got one and didn't really end up needing it cause the pizza was so big.
As we were sitting there, Dylan said to look out the window because he thought he saw Cloris Leachman! I looked and sure enough it was her, coming towards the door of the cafe! Her and her friend ended up coming in to eat and it was just us, them, and a couple of other tables.
When we were almost finished, I looked over and saw Cloris and she made eye contact with me and immediately started talking to me about my 'poor posture'! It was a riot. She started telling me how to sit up the right way, and told me that sitting all curved like that was a 'bad old lady look.' It was really funny but also a little embarrassing. It wasn't really the conversation I wanted to have with Cloris Leachman, I would rather have told her how much I loved her in The Last Picture Show, and most recently, her turn as professor's mother who gave all the football players hand jobs on Blue Mountain State (my favorite show that no one else seems to watch).
After brunch, I called mom to tell her all about my Cloris experience, and then Dylan and I walked down to Here Lounge to meet up with Marc and Viktor. We hung out for awhile because they were having a party there with a spiked lemonade stand, $3 a drink which is unheard of for Here. Belinda Carlisle's son, James, was there and he came to say hi. Marc and I are both friends with him on Facebook. He seems like a really cool kid and it's funny how you could see Belinda in his face.
We walked home and stopped at Trader Joe's to get some dinner, we decide to get sushi and have a japanese night at home. Marc was actually at the ATM by the Ramada Inn so he drove us the rest of the way home as he was on his way to a party in Silverlake.
After dinner we got dressed and walked over to Fubar. We ended up just getting the stamp and then going back home to have a drink at home, and Viktor came over for awhile and then we all went back to the Fu. We saw a few people we knew there but not too many since I guess a lot of people were gone for the holiday.
After Fubar, we decide to go to after hours at Mickey's with Vik and ended up staying there pretty late, taking a taxi back to his place and hanging out there for awhile before we finally called it a night.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 183
"History in the Making" Oktoberfest T-Shirt, Hays, KS, 1999. So, my last Oktoberfest in Hays must have been such a good time that I decided I needed two size XL t-shirts to remember it by. This one has a bunch of 'historical quotes' on the back of it, which have been altered to be about binge drinking. Funny.

Comments

Scarlet said…
You lead such an exciting life, but it makes me miss you all the more!

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!