Housewarming and Blender

I tried to get up early enough to go to the box office at the Hollywood Palladium to buy Scissor Sisters tickets, but the box office closed at 2 and I wasn't there until about a quarter after. So then I went to Ross Dress-For-Less but I didn't get anything. I ate lunch at this Hawaiian BBQ, but it wasn't as good as Ono.
I met Dylan at home and we went to Candle Delirium so that we could get gifts for his cousin's grandma Joan (it was her 80th B-day) and for Jason and Ismael's housewarming. He took off to go up to Joan's and so I went next door to One LA to get underwear since tonight is the Club Blender Underwear Party (after the housewarming). I ended up buying a pair of $42 underwear, which I know is ridiculous - I wonder where my money goes.
Back at home, I recorded myself playing the Kylie cover I've been working on ("Get Outta My Way) on my camera as a video, and then watched it - it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I did some revisions for "So Pomo," and recorded some new lead vocals for my song "Not in a Million Years."
Brandon & Angie came over to get us to go to Jason's housewarming - Dylan got home just after they arrived. Jason and Ismael just moved from West Hollywood, where they had lived in the same complex as Marc, to a tower at Park LaBrea. Normally I hate Park LaBrea because it looks like war barracks or something from the communist Russia - it's just this big, massive gated community in the middle of LA that has no character or charm whatsoever. But, their new apartment is actually pretty nice, and it has an amazing view, and they've decorated it very nicely. There's nothing you can do about parquet flooring, but other than that it was really a great apartment.
We were trying to wait for Luther and Andrew to show up but finally we took Marc and left for Blender because it was getting late. Unfortunately, there is a rift between Jason, Luther, et al... and Robert now, so none of them were coming to the club. We ended up having fun there, though. There were quite a few people we knew there, and it was nice to talk to Victor the bartender again since we used to go there all the time but haven't been lately. It was Blender's first night back at the Palms after having left years ago to move to Faultline. I don't think Robert was completely happy with the turn out, but for the Palms, I thought he did a good job. I know how hard it is to get people to go there. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if the Palms would just put ANY money into renovating and marketing, it could be such a cool place. It's in a great location and has a great history - it's one of the oldest gay bars in all of Los Angeles, if not the oldest. Jim Morrison used to hang out there, and Morrissey mentions it in one of his songs. But it's like they don't want anyone to go there, refusing to remodel or update anything, the few decorating choices they make are hopelessly dated and cheesy, they don't buy advertising anywhere except occasionally in the cheap gay rags that no one reads, and they try to hodge-podge different nights with any promoter who they think will make them money. Which ends up with them having things like live "hip hop" night when people are going there expecting it to be a lesbian bar.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 210
Butterfly hair clips (11).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!