A slow day at home

If I was still working for the Media District, I'd be at work today. Just one of the perks of my new jobs is that we get holidays off, even if it's the day after, so for the first time I got to stay home with Dylan one such holiday.
It was a really non-eventful day, we just lazied around the house and I played with my iPad for a long while (downloaded SimCity and Clue). Then I finally got around and went grocery shopping. I had found a few simple recipes I wanted to try this week, and I also needed to get food for today. I ended up spending over $80 - way more than I had meant to.
I just got sandwiches to eat right when I got home so we ate those and then I put all the groceries away.
Later for dinner, I made a mandarin chicken stir fry with quinoa, and then I started some bread. We watched "Speed Racer" which Dylan had DVR'ed from our free weekend of HBO last weekend, and I baked the bread while we watched it. Dylan had seen it in the theatre but he wanted to watch it again with me. I really enjoyed it, and wish I could have seen it on the big screen, it's very colorful and psychedelic at many points.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 185
"Dare" Human League, homemade t-shirt. For a time when I lived with Dudley, we were really into making our own t-shirts with iron on transfers that we would print from our computers. Sometimes they worked better than others, because some of the iron-ons weren't made as well and would come off after washing them a few times. This one is a little worse for the wear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!