Catching up with Mad Men

Because of the way the pay periods worked out when I switched jobs, and because I had gotten a little behind on some bills after all the traveling we'd done at the beginning of summer, I ended up being really incredibly broke this week. I didn't want to dip into my savings anymore than I already had so I just decided to rough it out this week with basically no money, which feels very strange since I know I am making more money now than I have ever before. But I don't have any right now, so I had to bring food from home for lunch and then after work I waited for Dylan to come home and bring me food that was leftover from a meeting he had worked late for.
Luckily, I really needed to practice piano for what may turn out to be my first ever solo performance next month possibly, so I had plenty of work to do without spending any money! Since Dylan was working late, I could play the piano without headphones and practice singing. I picked out six songs, including a couple cover songs and one SG tune, to try and work up.
When Dylan got home, we decided to finish Mad Men season 2 since we only had 4 episodes left on the DVD from Netflix. It was strange how quickly we got back into after not watching it for a long time (we've missed the whole 3rd season and so we're trying to get caught up in time for the 4th season which is in like 2 weeks). The weirdest part was seeing the actress who plays Pete Cambell's wife, since she is also Annie in Community, and I realized we watched the whole season of Community in the time since we last watched Mad Men, so it was bizarre to see her in such a different role.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 191
A paint-by-numbers kit of a 'woodland chateau' that I'm never going to finish, because after I started it and realized that many of the numbers called for mixing two paints together, I completely lost interest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!