Vegas Bound!

I could not wait for work to be over today, as much as I'm enjoying my new job. Invisible Material is playing in Vegas tomorrow so I was so excited to get on the road.
After I left work, it took FOREVER to get home! I was surprised at how much traffic, and how my few extra block to the new office ended up taking me so long. It took almost a half hour just to get home, which is insane considering I'm only 3 miles away.
I had been trying to find cymbals but I just didn't have any time today so I decided I'd do it in Vegas, as well as buying my outfit for the show. Talk about leaving things until the last minute.
I got home and Dylan was pretty much ready to go, so we headed across town to meet Luther and Andrew at Brandon and Angie's place. They decided to all ride together in Brandon's SUV but we had plans to trade passengers at some point along the way so we could switch things up.
While we were still leaving LA, we pulled up beside them on the 210 freeway, and I started putting my mouth up to the glass, like Lisa Kudrow does in Romy & Michele's High School reunion. Then I texted Angie the famous line, "Oh, no, I'm sorry, not you... I was trying to scare your little boy." Which was hilarious, because, Andrew sort of looks like a little boy!
We had gotten out to the point where the 210 meets the 15 and you start heading north, when Brandon blew a tire. We had gotten ahead of them so we thought we'd stop and wait for them in Victorville (we got food at Weinerschnitzel). But it was taking a long time and we weren't hearing back from them. Finally, we decided to just drive on and get the room ready for them.
We got to Vegas after midnight. I had been excited to reconnect with a childhood friend of mine named Jeremy, but since we arrived so late I told him we'd just meet up the next day. We got checked in to our room at The Riviera. Dylan had asked for a nice, big room and thank goodness he did because I'm not sure what they were planning on putting us in before. The room we got wasn't that big, but it did have two queen (?) beds and a little room leftover for me to blow up the air mattress. The best part was that it was newly renovated so everything was pretty new, and there was a nice view too.
Brandon, Angie, Luther and Andy got there a little bit later, and once we all got unpacked and had rested a bit from the drive, we got ready and went out on the town. We walked down and first went to the Encore, which wasn't opened yet the last time we were there. It was very fancy and we got some great photo ops in there - Luther brought his camera and was snapping shots left and right.
We got bored of the Encore really quickly because it was a little fru-fru for us. So then we went over to Treasure Island and had a pretty good time there. I was winning money for a little while on the quarter slots but then I ended up losing $30-40. By this time, the sun was already out so we decided to go back to the room. Luckily, I was so tired that I went right to sleep and missed out on the tiny bit of drama ensued with Luther and Andrew taking the phrase "get a room" and not really understanding that it meant a room without other people in it.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 168
We're going to move into the kitchen. We have a cabinet that is full of old spices, oils, vinegars, and packets of condiments and it's getting really gross. I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and got one of those three-tiered organizer things so I'm going to clean out this cabinet and throw out a lot of old junk, today it was two old containers of Crisco - don't even ask why I had those!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!