Boozin' and Schmoozin'

The LA BID Consortium was meeting today at a restaurant downtown in the 'industrial' area, so Joe and I decided to go together. I've been going to those meetings since I first started at the Media District, so it was nice to be able to go tell everyone about my new job. They were all very happy for me. The food was really good, I can't remember the name of the place but it was like a Korean BBQ place (I think).
The meeting went by pretty fast and we were out of there earlier than usual which was nice cause it gave me some time once we got back in the office before I had to leave again. On the way home, I actually drove just like I would have if I was going to my old office, it was just out of habit. Joe had to sort of stop me and ask what I was doing!
I had another couple of meetings at the Chamber of Commerce, the LOHO (Locals Only Hollywood Offer) committee and the Tourism Committee. After that, I went back to the office and then walked over to La Vida at Sunset and Gower for a Chamber Mixer. It was pretty fun, I had a couple drinks and talked to some people I already knew and met a few new people. After my free drink tickets ran out, I decided to go home and make dinner for Dylan and I.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 180
This is the first in a series of really big, old t-shirts from my college days. Back near the end of college, I had put on quite a bit of weight, and even though I'm not too far away from how much I weighed back then, I'm in much better shape and I also no longer feel like wearing XL size shirts is flattering or a good way to hide my body. I found these shirts in a box while cleaning out the living room closet and although there is some little amount of sentimental attachment which makes getting rid of these shirts a little difficult, it's also sort of refreshing to get rid of them because of how big they are because they remind me how embarrassed I used to feel about my body. Anyway, this one is a black Leader t-shirt, which was the newspaper in college that I eventually became editor of my senior year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!