Double BBQ Day

Dylan had a hair appointment with his Aunt Renee in the morning so he got up and left and then I got around and took the bus to the red line, up to North Hollywood where Brandon, Angie, mom and dad picked me up. We drove up to Granada Hills to meet Dylan at his sister's house. Tracy was having a BBQ for her daughter Cody's birthday (Dylan's niece) so we wanted to stop by for a little bit. Dylan's mom and dad were both there which was cool, and lots of other family members. My parents had met many of them before when they were out and Dylan and I had our housewarming party, but it was nice to get them reacquainted.
We had hot dogs, cake and ice cream, but we had to run right after singing the birthday song.
Dylan and I drove to Susan's and got there first since the other vehicle had to stop and get booze. Susan had rented tables and chairs, and decorated with purple balloons and stuff, since purple is my favorite color. Jonathan cooked a bunch of food and it was all delicious.
Jim, Capt. John, and Oscar showed up and Ben came later and gave me my birthday present, which was a bottle of nice tequila that I promptly hid so it wouldn't get drank!
Dylan and I went swimming for awhile but it was pretty chilly so no one else got in.
Susan's friend Jan and her boyfriend Jeff showed up and was the life of the party again, just like at Susan's wedding. This time he had a guitar, so he and Brandon jammed and serenaded us all.
It got to be a little later and we had all drank enough, and Susan wanted to show us her wedding photos, so we went to the office to look at them. There were a lot! Then when we got to the end of those, Susan got emotional about me leaving and was telling my mom and dad what a great guy I am.
Brandon and Angie wanted to get going, so everyone pretty much left at that point. Dylan took mom, as they were switching over to stay with us for the rest of their trip. Dad drove me home in my car - which used to be their car - and we stopped at CVS on Laurel and Ventura to get some stuff on the way home.
When we got there, we were delighted at how much mom and dad seemed to like our apartment. Of course they've been there before, but we've done a lot of redecorating since the last time they were both there, and we had been super stressed about getting it cleaned up since we had both been so busy lately.
Ben came over too and we ended up drinking some of the tequila he had given me, and then we watched an episode of this new show "Hot In Cleveland" that Betty White is in. After it was over, mom decided it was her bedtime so she went and joined dad (who was already asleep) and the we hung out in the living room for awhile until Ben went home and Dylan and I slept on the air mattress.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 176
Stack of old magazines I found in the closet.

Comments

Scarlet said…
I miss you all so much it makes me sad that 10 years have gone by and we have missed so much of your lives :(

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!