Interviews and Packing

I felt pretty rushed considering everything that was happening today at my work, as we were interviewing 5 candidates for my job, and we were leaving for Canada the next day and I hadn't even started to pack or figure out what I was going to wear.
The interviews didn't start til 3pm so that gave me time to get caught up and tidy my office. We decided to do the interviews in my office so we could at least use the conference table once - the fate of the office here is up in the air as they kind of want us out here so they can rent it to someone. So the office is probably going to move to another studio but that will be for the next person to deal with. I moved the office from CFI right before they demolished it, into Ren-Mar Studios, 5 years ago.
Out of the candidates, one of them was a friend of mine who I know well from working in the Hollywood Community who is looking for a career change (she's been a makeup artist for years and years on many different movies). The other candidates had applied to the ad on Craigslist and they all actually were really good and I think any one of them could do the job. But the committee made a decision, although they did ask for my input. It definitely felt weird to be sitting there in the office that I've worked in alone for 5 years, along with three of my board members and my boss, interviewing people to replace me.
When I got home, I realized again that I wouldn't have time for boot camp because I really needed to find my outfit and I had waiting up until the very last minute. I did my usual run to Crossroads but strangely I couldn't find anything I liked there (I usually find something right away). I walked up and down Santa Monica Blvd. in WeHo ducking into each and any clothing store, finding nothing. I finally got all the way down to Showtime and when I walked in, I thought I had found the promised lands. There were tons of different red and gold shirts (the color scheme I had picked out for the Canadian show) and they had rhinestones and sparkles all over them. The only problem was when I looked at the price tags; the shirts were all $130! The jacket I liked was $300! I had no idea the prices were so high in there. I wondered who spends that kind of money on clothing that really looks like stage clothes more than something you could wear in normal life.
I headed home empty-handed but stopped in for a few drinks at The Palms on the way since I saw that Victor was bartending. Oddly enough, there was some jazz-type trio playing there at the time. It was nice catching up with Victor because I hadn't been in there forever, but the Palms never changes.
I stopped at Sami's Thai food on the way and got a Pineapple Chicken dinner with rice and salad.
I got home, ate and packed, and luckily Dylan reminded me of my gold pants so I decided I would just wear them along with the red embellished shirt that I had bought for the Valentine's show in Bakersfield. I packed really quickly and tried to just pack what I needed and not a lot of extra stuff.
I realized I needed a few more things, like travel-sized toiletries and disposable cameras (since neither of us has a digital camera anymore) so I ran out to CVS but Dylan wanted me to stop at Sami's again and get him dinner, the same thing I had! He used to say he didn't like Sami's but I guess he changed his mind.
I got home and we finished packing and went to bed at a decent time since Amy and AJ were going to be picking us up fairly early in the morning.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 153
Stack of papers (old car insurance documents and CD labels that were messed up).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!