Seeing Stars

It was quite the day - my very last day at the Media District. I went into HPOA in the morning so that I could have the afternoon to work with Jim and finish the newsletter - the last newsletter I'd be doing for the Media District. It's so weird when everything is you do is "the last time" you'll do it.
It was kind of hectic cause we had just found out that Jim needed to be out of his office by next Tuesday, so we had gone over to Hollywood Center Studios to look at his new office and then we went up to Susan's to work on the newsletter. I ended up pretty much finishing the newsletter myself cause I didn't have much time. Jim had done a couple stories himself so I finished up a few more and got it all formatted and put together. The only thing left was that Susan needed to proofread it and then Jim would just have to click 'send.' Then he would just need to format a printed version and mail out to the database. Hopefully I didn't leave him with too much work.
I decided to leave my car at Susan's since I'd be coming back tomorrow for the BBQ/going away party that she is throwing for me. So, Jim was nice enough to drop me off at the TV Academy so I could just ride with Dylan over to Brandon and Angie's. When we got there, they were all just kind of chilling because they had done a lot already today, including going to the Autry Museum and the Natural History Museum, as well as shopping. I warmed up some of the leftover chinese food for Dylan and I from the night before, and we decided to watch "True Blood" since Brandon and Angie had free HBO for the weekend (it turned out we did, too) and we were already behind on the show. So we watched the first episode of Season 3 and then we all got ready to go to the Griffith Observatory.
I had been wanting to go ever since it reopened but since mom and dad were here it was the perfect time to go. It's beautiful up there! We walked around the grounds and went up to the roof just as the sun was setting. Then, Brandon spotted a girl who he thought looked like Liv Tyler (the actress and daughter of Aerosmith's lead singer, Steven Tyler). Dylan looked and said it was indeed her, with her son, just hanging out and taking pictures at the Observatory on a Friday night!
We took some pictures of our own and then Brandon and Dad were lucky enough to be first in line to get in to see the telescope which was aimed at Venus.
Then we tried to get tickets to the "Flight of the Valkeries" show, which was about the northern lights, but by the time we finally got in line and got to the window, there weren't enough tickets left. So we just looked around a little more and then decided to go get In & Out Burger, since mom and dad love eating there whenever they're in town.
We went back to Brandon and Angie's for awhile and then Dylan and I went back home.

Hello 2010, goodbye junk!
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION LOG ENTRY 175
Old blue backpack that I don't think I ever used; it was an impulse 99 cents store purchase. Dylan used it a couple times when he rode his bike, but he said he didn't need it anymore.

Comments

Scarlet said…
And so weird that I saw Steven Tyler on the east coast a week later!
Brandonbodt said…
It was aimed at Saturn, not Venus.

Popular posts from this blog

Human League Albums: From Worst to First!

Amy Crosby, 1970-2021

All the Thompson Twins albums (+ Babble) ranked!